Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another one goes pop...posties
27 March 2012, 21:40,
Another one goes pop...posties
Looks like the postal service is really hitting a hard spot. Upping the price of stamps won't do as much as they hope.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/teleg...gress.html
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 March 2012, 22:03,
RE: Another one goes pop...posties
I remember when we used to get two deliveries a day and one of them was about 7:30 am.

Now we get one, and its at 11:30ish.

Stamps then costs less too.

Plus the Postie walks across my lawn to save time, fucking up the grass. Plus I caught the neighbors cat trying to eat one of those red elastic bands they drop all over the place,
27 March 2012, 22:30,
getting to the point i can't remember when i had money spare the price of things is so stuiped?
things need to brake soon before we do.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
28 March 2012, 08:51,
just how many ordinary people post anything these days? your more likely to get an email than a letter!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2012, 13:02,
The postmen are really busy round these parts with business letters & bills etc + all the online shopping letters. A lot of stuff done on line ends up with a paper letter being sent for confirmation. Also the amount of parcels delivered by the postie has dramatically increased with the rise of ebay. This is all just part of the privatisation plan. raise the prices now so the jump later does not look as huge to the public. You can bet that a few years after privatisation, the Postal service will start to drop unprofitable routes - just like post offices & bus routes etc. It is a public service that is a key component of a civilisation and all governments have been trying to sell it off for a short term profit! These poloticians have no vision for the future other than their rapidly bulging bank accounts...
28 March 2012, 20:58,

The last time I used a stamp was at Christmas. I think it could be next Christmas before I use another.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 March 2012, 21:50,
According to that martin money expert guy if you buy them before they go up you can still use them after.
29 March 2012, 13:10,
Just make sure they are marked 1st class or second class. Buying them with a value such as £1 on doesn't count. I bough several books of first and second class when they came out, many moons ago, and I'm still using them. Saved myself a fortune.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 April 2012, 08:07,
I too bought 100 of each many moons ago and still have some left. I use more of the second class so have more first class left. That was before the last two rises. Sorry for the bad grammer. Kenneth Eames.
1 April 2012, 09:22,
we keep the local postie in work with parcels from Amazon and ebay!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.