Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One in ten British children can't find the UK on a map...
2 April 2012, 18:26,
One in ten British children can't find the UK on a map...
Yay, rule Britania and our top notch education system.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...r-U-S.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
2 April 2012, 19:11,
RE: One in ten British children can't find the UK on a map...
not surprising when a vast majority of kids dont have English as a first language, i am surprised they can read at all, mind you i bet they ALL can use a computer and an Xbox or whatever the damn things are called.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2012, 19:30,

My 13 year old Nephew called the Queen, the Queen of England. We haven't had one of those since 1707! It would seem it's not just Geography that's bitten the dust.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
3 April 2012, 01:23,
Geo what?
3 April 2012, 06:17,
I am amazed at childrens ignorence today. Young teens that I meet don't know a half of the important things that I knew when their age. What they do know, that I didn't was all about Pop music and other trivial things, such as Dr. Who etc.. Some are good at Maths if they have a Calculator, take it away and they cannot calculate it with their brain. I don't consider that my English is good, or my spelling, but most youngsters English is appalling. However, that is the situation and I cannot change it. It seems that Governments wish to continue breeding sheeple. Kenneth Eames.
3 April 2012, 09:15,
thick people are easiest to control so why would the gov educate anyone?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
3 April 2012, 09:24,
i am amazed at how low the average persons intelligence has sunk, its all the fault of the cult of the celebrity and the likes of Big Brother and BGT, just look at how thick Jade Goody was-didnt even know where East Anglia(East Angular she called it) was!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2012, 09:40,
ah. but she must have made up for that some where just i'am struggling to think where?
OH just pointed out she made young people aware of cancer so there goes a little good in everyone no matter how thick
to win the war, you must be willing to die
3 April 2012, 12:19,
i suppose so, but she just reinforced the Essex stereotype!
3 April 2012, 14:09,
Depends what you class as important. How important is finding the UK on the map compared to knoing your way around the social system.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin