Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosepipe Ban In Force.
5 April 2012, 09:26,
Hosepipe Ban In Force.
Hosepipe bans come into force for southern and eastern England

20 million people face £1,000 fine if they defy hosepipe bans, introduced after one of driest two-year periods on record. Thames Water, Southern Water, South East Water, Anglian Water, Sutton and East Surrey, Veolia Central and Veolia Southeast are bringing in the restrictions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...rn-england

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
5 April 2012, 10:09,
RE: Hosepipe Ban In Force.
Good thing I have a well next to my house then. This should get people to think about just how dependent they are on having clean ate magically gushing from the tap or hose. Imagine if for whatever reason the reservoirs ran dry.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 April 2012, 10:27,

I'm just starting to set up a grey water and rain water harvesting system and a slow sand filter. Last year I captured and reused all bath and shower water on the flower borders, with my new setup, I will capture water from the washing machine too. My intention is primarily to use harvested water on the garden but of course the ability to make it all potable if necessary is all part of my cunning plan!
5 April 2012, 11:54,
That's a great system Bug.

I'm working on just setting up a catchment system on top of my flat. I'll be looking at reuse/recycling at a later date.

Earthships are my primary focus and my end goal in regards to housing. So, for now, I'm just practicing and putting simple systems in place.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 April 2012, 13:36,
no ban in the southwest so far!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.