Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World food prices rise further, raising fears of unrest
10 April 2012, 15:09,
World food prices rise further, raising fears of unrest
More reason to try and grow your own... even you can scythe on the rooftop in growbags, a couple of chooks and your away!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/0...CU20120405
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 April 2012, 15:23,
RE: World food prices rise further, raising fears of unrest
Time to add more food to your stash and more seed. Times will be getting hard towards the end of this year. Store as much seed as you can, a minimum of three years harvests. Kenneth Eames.
10 April 2012, 15:25, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2012, 15:29 by Scythe13.)
"Global food prices rose in March for a third straight month with more hikes to come, the UN's food agency said on Thursday, adding to fears of hunger and a new wave of social unrest in poor countries." Poor Countries!??!? Like the UK!!!!! Let's face it, being £Billions in debt does make us poor!
You're damn right I'm going to be growing my own on the roof top.

I've already planted a goose-berry bush thing. But it doesn't seem to be enjoying a massive pot. I probably need to get a better established plant and repot that, instead of a small twiglet type one.

I'm thinking about getting a spud-sack and seeing what I can do there. Only problem is, I'm not massive on spuds.....but..... Thinking about it, my favourite recipe/meal is boiled then liquidised chicken breast and potato, with a glass of pineapple juice. So really I guess it couldn't hurt to give it a go!

Not sure about keeping chooks though. I'm not one for dealing with poop!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 15:59,
(10 April 2012, 15:25)Scythe13 Wrote: Not sure about keeping chooks though. I'm not one for dealing with poop!

Just sweep it off the roof...
10 April 2012, 17:46,
(10 April 2012, 15:59)00111001 Wrote: Just sweep it off the roof...

Haha, love it. The efficiency is great, but practicality is lacking.

Having said that, I'm going to get my diet back up to how it used to be before I came to Bristol. So eggs and chicken breast would be massively accepted at a reduced cost!!!
10 April 2012, 19:55,
everybody downstairs on the street would just think there were bloody big pidgeons on the roof...
the poos about the size of the cadbury mini eggs.... maybe thats where cadbury getsthem from?TongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 April 2012, 21:47,
It is an interesting article. It does however not get to the root cause of these higher prices, which is a global monopolised commodity trading racket. Even government stock investments are part of the financial crooks portfolio. Max Keiser is doing an excellent report on RT news about this at the moment. It is well worth watching.
Unless there are major shakeups in the corrupt financial systems in place today, then this situation will only drive prices higher & higher, whilst reducing stocks to the same end.
11 April 2012, 09:03,
Oh this is just typical! Just when I need my stores, garden and chickens, I've had to live out of the cupboard, leave the garden behind and rehome the chickens! If I ever get my hands on that Blardy Murphy bloke......

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
11 April 2012, 13:05,
Wondered why Asda prices were up.

11 April 2012, 13:11,
Does anyone else think a possible situation of hyperinflation is on it's way?

We are getting big increased quite regularly, however the interest rate and inflation is supposedly low!