Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun find
13 April 2012, 22:21,
Gun find
PANIC PANIC BAN ALL GUNS BAN ALL GUNS BAN ALL GUNS -AGAIN!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-uncover-...27002.html
13 April 2012, 22:31, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2012, 10:36 by Terry.)
RE: Gun find
Edited as per request

T
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
14 April 2012, 00:40,
lol.....
14 April 2012, 00:56,
(14 April 2012, 00:40)Timelord Wrote: lol.....

Hmmm, And i didnt write that post either
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
14 April 2012, 08:16,
I read this on BBC news website last night and, to be honest I was chuckling to ny self as someone was jumping up and down that there guns have been taken from them.

Based on location just outside Glasgow I'm thinking its probably an IRA cache wonder whether the SA80 was made out of a collection of spare parts or if there is a quarter master sweating bullets right now.
14 April 2012, 20:27,
all them lovely guns gone forever
but it just goes to show the kind of weapons crooks have?
don't think the old side by side would stand up ?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
14 April 2012, 20:53,
They say it is a significant find and they have hundreds of plods working on it.

3 Automatic weapons, a shotgun and two handguns. The average find in a US gun safe and over here in the 70s.

What a bunch of wimps.

I like the statement from the guy that called it in. He found it while looking around where he lives but asked not to be named. I suspect the bad guys know where he is though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 April 2012, 20:59,
i guess he's in for alot of pain from someone ?
i would be pissed if someone lost my stuff?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
18 April 2012, 14:11,
My only regret about this find, is that I didn't find it! Kenneth Eames.
18 April 2012, 19:03,
Doubt it very much is a republican arms cache.

Not in that part of Glasgow anyway , too near Drumchapel which is a majority 'Loyalist' area.
Bearsden area is quite affluent , I'm talking swimming pools in the back garden for a lot of it...So a very unlikely place to find these weapons.

SA80 could be one that has been 'misplaced' in Ulster or on operations in Afghan or Iraq , doubt its a frankenstein build , you simply do not fling away parts of assault weapons , not British Army ones anyway , they get lost - complete , or they get handed back to the arms kote - complete.

I suspect that the SA80 in question could be an army cadet model which will be easier to obtain than a regular forces one.
Kalashnikovs ? probably 10 a penny in Glasgow Big Grin ,Handguns ? take yer pick...

Probably belonged to one of the Glasgow crime gangs.

Now if grenades and explosives were also found I'd suspect terrorist involvement , but for those weapons - criminals I think.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.