Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please
14 April 2012, 13:37,
Help please
It may already be up but can't it, can some one post a step by step guide on how to post pics, keep it simple lol
14 April 2012, 15:23,
RE: Help please
So 12 people have looked at this but not one knows how to post pics? seems I'm not the only thick one Smile
14 April 2012, 15:27,
sorry PG i am one of those thick onesSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
14 April 2012, 15:46,
Join the club PG, I'm a thick one, same as BarneyB.

If you have a Flickr account, just post the address for that, and that's how I do my pictures. It's really low tech, but that's how I like it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 April 2012, 15:50,
upload your pics, then add to the front of address this tag, [img] then at end of address [/img]

So [img]youruploadedpic[/img]
14 April 2012, 16:23,
dont ask me... the upload your pics got me...TongueTongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 April 2012, 16:48,
Open a new or reply post. Go down to where the attachments section is. Press "browse" This will open up "windows" on your computer. Browse to get to the windows menu containing your pics. If you find this a problem, then outside of the forum, drag & drop the photo's you want onto your desktop, as this is where the "Browse" button first takes you.

Also outside of the forum & before trying to upload photo's to the forum, you will need to get the bit size of each photo down to be accepted by the forum server.

To do this, open your photo files so you see the phot thumnails (small pics). Move the pointer over the desired photo and by using the right click button on your mouse whilst the pointer is over the photo file will bring up a quick commands menu. Keep the pointer over this menu & move it over "open With". A new submenu also now opens up & lists programs you can open the photo file with. Now mover the pointer over "Paint" (the windows paintshop program). At this point press the left mouse button to select "paint".

You will now have a v.large detaile large bytesize picture opened up. This is too large to upload, so click the "resize" button. In the new "resize & Skew" screen - click on the "pixels" tiny button. Now delete the large number in the Horizontal numerical box. Next type in 700 (I tried this & it works ok) and click on "OK"

The picture will now have resized and appear smaller on the screen. At this point it needs "Saving". You can either press the save button or open the file button & press save as & enter a new title.

While organising the photo's it helps to rename them individually if there are quite a few, so that when you are browsing from the forum, you will not just be face with a list of photo ID numbers and having no idea which is which.

After all this, which becomes simple enough & repetitive v.quickly, go back to the post & press browse. select the correct file. select the correct photo. The photo ID will now show in the "New Attachment" box. At this point if you have got the correct photo listed, press "Add Attachment".

The program will take a few seconds to upload the photo. Wait for it to finish & the screen will jump/reset momentarily. You can now press the button to include the photo full size in the post or just leave it as a thumbnail at the bottom of your wording. From this any member viewer can click on it to bring it up fully. It is your choice.

You can upload 5 photos in one posting. The next ones have to be a reply which will add them on to the first post if no=one has posted in the meantime.

I hope this helps - it works for me. regards, TL.
14 April 2012, 17:08, (This post was last modified: 14 April 2012, 17:08 by Prep Girl.)
(14 April 2012, 16:48)Timelord Wrote: Open a new or reply post. Go down to where the attachments section is. Press "browse" This will open up "windows" on your computer. Browse to get to the windows menu containing your pics. If you find this a problem, then outside of the forum, drag & drop the photo's you want onto your desktop, as this is where the "Browse" button first takes you.

Also outside of the forum & before trying to upload photo's to the forum, you will need to get the bit size of each photo down to be accepted by the forum server.

To do this, open your photo files so you see the phot thumnails (small pics). Move the pointer over the desired photo and by using the right click button on your mouse whilst the pointer is over the photo file will bring up a quick commands menu. Keep the pointer over this menu & move it over "open With". A new submenu also now opens up & lists programs you can open the photo file with. Now mover the pointer over "Paint" (the windows paintshop program). At this point press the left mouse button to select "paint".

You will now have a v.large detaile large bytesize picture opened up. This is too large to upload, so click the "resize" button. In the new "resize & Skew" screen - click on the "pixels" tiny button. Now delete the large number in the Horizontal numerical box. Next type in 700 (I tried this & it works ok) and click on "OK"

The picture will now have resized and appear smaller on the screen. At this point it needs "Saving". You can either press the save button or open the file button & press save as & enter a new title.

While organising the photo's it helps to rename them individually if there are quite a few, so that when you are browsing from the forum, you will not just be face with a list of photo ID numbers and having no idea which is which.

After all this, which becomes simple enough & repetitive v.quickly, go back to the post & press browse. select the correct file. select the correct photo. The photo ID will now show in the "New Attachment" box. At this point if you have got the correct photo listed, press "Add Attachment".

The program will take a few seconds to upload the photo. Wait for it to finish & the screen will jump/reset momentarily. You can now press the button to include the photo full size in the post or just leave it as a thumbnail at the bottom of your wording. From this any member viewer can click on it to bring it up fully. It is your choice.

You can upload 5 photos in one posting. The next ones have to be a reply which will add them on to the first post if no=one has posted in the meantime.

I hope this helps - it works for me. regards, TL.

I got lost on line one but thanks any way Smile
(14 April 2012, 15:50)WetandCold Wrote: upload your pics, then add to the front of address this tag, [img] then at end of address [/img]

Nice n simple thank you
14 April 2012, 17:24,

Does this work??
14 April 2012, 17:36,
(14 April 2012, 17:24)Timelord Wrote: So [img]youruploadedpic[/img]

Does this work??

[Image: yEOPt8Tet3DNsMWXugpcTqYTx.jpg]