Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers
20 April 2012, 23:51,
A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers
Hello,

I’m Tonka. My human name (as opposed to biker name) is Darren. But I’m not the Darren that deals firearms down the pub that Skean talks of in the ‘Are We Alone’ section.

I currently reside in Portchester… which as the name suggest is a port with a castle in it. It’s kind of a little peninsula next door to Portsmouth.

I have been a survivalist since I was a kid, the cold war was still lingering, and I remember sitting in my bedroom with my decontamination kit, air rifle and Geiger counter next to my slinky and Star Wars figures. I was marking out on a map of the area, potential military targets and the different damage radius from these targets of different yield nuclear weapons. And yes, people thought I was a bit of a nut.

That was over 20 years ago, and much to my family’s bemusement, I never ‘grew out of it’. In fact, having a family of my own to protect now, makes it seem more important.

I’m here partly because I am feeling a lack of likeminded associates. When the world as we know it does decide it’s time for a change (as new Labour did), it would be nice to have some friends who could help, rather than just panicking and queuing at my bunker because I’m the only one for miles who thought to store any water.

That was just to make a point… I don’t really have a bunker. .. yet.

Um… I only meant to write a brief introduction… I seem to have rambled somewhat. I’ll stop now.

Tonka
20 April 2012, 23:55,
RE: A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers
welcome mate i am new to the forum as well
21 April 2012, 00:00,
Welcome Tonka
21 April 2012, 01:27,
Hello & welcome
Failure is NOT an option
21 April 2012, 08:50,

Good morning!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
21 April 2012, 09:47,
Welcome, It has moved on a bit from Nukes. Now its politicians. LOL
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 April 2012, 10:11,
Welcome Tonka, hope you teach your kids what you have learnt and they don't grow out of it Smile
Failure is always an option.
21 April 2012, 11:47,
welcome Tonka, i seem to remember "the brotherhood" ran out of portsmouth, my "brother" was a member! greetings from rural Devon!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2012, 17:35,
Hi welcome Smile
21 April 2012, 21:06,
Thanks all for the nice welcomes.

Hello Bigpaul. I’m afraid I don’t remember a ‘The Brotherhood” specifically from Portsmouth. I knew of some Christian bikers under that name but they were more North … well all of mainland UK is North of me I suppose. But they may have been before my time or I may just not have run across them. I know they weren’t one of the gangs that were supposedly after me for ‘disrespecting’ them anyway.

Hello Skean. Yes, nukes fell down my risk list many years ago... but even when they were a bigger threat I believe it was politicians who had the launch codes Wink

Hello Neuralsandwich. I will try… at 5 months my son’s a bit young at the moment. I am hoping to steer him away from football and towards Ju-Jitsu. But it feels like I will be battling against the flow of the rest of humanity, and of course the all-powerful TV monster.