Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers
21 April 2012, 23:31, (This post was last modified: 21 April 2012, 23:54 by Tonka.)
RE: A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers
(21 April 2012, 23:18)Timelord Wrote: omgisthecoldwarreallyover? I am still sitting at the end of my bed with my decontamination kit! Damn....

It's OK, you don't have to 'duck and cover' any more!
I do still have my contamination kit in the loft. I wish I hadn't broken my geiger counter though, they cost a fortune these days.
(21 April 2012, 23:28)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forum.

What brings you to this forum? What's the main thing you're worried about?

That is a good question. I’m not worried so much, as aware, and want to be ready. I wasn’t really phased by the recent fuel shortage scares. The only thing I made sure I had enough of is food for the baby.

There are so many things that threaten our way of life. We are very vulnerable. Just a simple short time while without electricity, causing no water pumps, and everything turns nasty real fast.

So I’m concerned about everything from short term disruption to utilities, up to global mass extinction events really.

The first is a definite (probably multiply times) in my life time. And one of the more extreme events is a bit overdue now, so I’m not sure if it will be in my life time, but if it is I don’t intend to lie down and let the cephalopods evolve to replace my evolutionary niche without a fight!

However, apart from my friends I see at the Rat & Survival bike rally, people just think I’m a bit kooky. Well, I suppose I am in many ways, but in this respect I think I am just being realistic.

So I came here wanting to learn from like-minded people I suppose. And possibly I might even be able to help some out in return.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Good day to you, fellow Doomsday Dodgers - by Tonka - 21 April 2012, 23:31