Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi from the wirral
22 April 2012, 11:40,
RE: Hi from the wirral
Well this is the place. We are also arranging some meets around the North West that you are welcome to attend.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 April 2012, 11:40,
(22 April 2012, 10:41)Jan Wrote: Thanks Scythe13.

when I start talking to freinds and family about the possibilities of what may happen in the future, they all turn off and dismiss it, so I needed somewhere to chat with like minded folks.

That's all fair enough. Many people have had a very similar feeling, which is why we're all here, I guess. If I knew loads of preppers, I probably wouldn't have needed to find this website for info.

What kind of event/scenario do you expect?

Personally, I'm thinking a financial collapse is my number 1 concern. However, the repercussions of this kind of event are vastly unpredictable. Much as a shooting of someone in 2011 could cause nation wide riots?!?!? What was all that about?!?!? So really, I'm not sure what could happen. It could either be totally contained by the government (I hope so, but don't really expect that to be the case), or it could be like the reporting on Northern Rock in 2007 and everyone jumps into a state of hysteria! I'm accounting for both scenarios.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 20:29,
Smile  RE: Hi from the wirral
(21 April 2012, 10:55)Jan Wrote: I am new to discussing what might happen over the next 12-18 months, it's good to see a survival site which deals with the UK.

I have been interested in what may happen for about 3 years and have built up my Bug out Bag in readiness.

Speak to you folks later

Jan

hi Jan
I'm also from the Wirral good to hear from someone from my neck of the woods. welcome to the site.
22 April 2012, 22:26,
(22 April 2012, 10:41)Jan Wrote: when I start talking to freinds and family about the possibilities of what may happen in the future, they all turn off and dismiss it, so I needed somewhere to chat with like minded folks.

Don't be silly, I'm sure it'll all be fine. Now, why don't you put the telly on and I'll go make us a nice cup of tea Wink
22 April 2012, 22:52,
I don't drink tea, Beer or Water.....Lol
22 April 2012, 23:44,
(22 April 2012, 22:52)Jan Wrote: I don't drink tea, Beer or Water.....Lol

You don't drink water? That's a first.

What do you drink then?
22 April 2012, 23:54,
Oops, yeah.... I cocked up, it's the beer don't you know, I don't drink tea, I only drink Beer and Water

23 April 2012, 00:12,
(22 April 2012, 23:54)Jan Wrote: Oops, yeah.... I cocked up, it's the beer don't you know, I don't drink tea, I only drink Beer and Water

Okay, that makes more sense now. It would look like someone enjoyed more than one beer today haha.

Apparently beer was made/found when a viking left a piece of bread in a water goblet thing, for too long, then drank it. Hey presto...beer. Not sure about the validity of that story, but WTSHTF, you could just make loads of bread and start making beer. Or you could learn to distill your own before hand.
23 April 2012, 01:10, (This post was last modified: 23 April 2012, 01:11 by Timelord.)
Our ancient ancestors, the Celts were big into Beer and that was a thousand years before the Vikings.
Oh yes, & hello there..
23 April 2012, 03:00,
Wow, lots of ladies who's eyes are opening. This is a sign in itself.