Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
22 April 2012, 10:42,
How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
Be prepared!

(and why the looters can't wait for the Games to begin)
With fewer than 100 days to go, a dramatic warning from one of our most senior former police officers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/articl...begin.html
22 April 2012, 10:57,
RE: How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
we hardly ever see a copper around here, the last time i saw a copper( apart from them flying past in their cars going back to the station) was last year when there was a drugs raid down at the flats, and that was only a couple of lads smoking "wacky baccy", and that was all piglets anyway. the last actual crime we had was when a gang from the midlands did over our local ATM machine about 2 years ago and like i say they werent locals.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 April 2012, 11:44,
I'm looking forward to getting some binoculars from a local cash converter style shop, and sitting on the roof and watching stuff happen.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 11:56,
Strangely over the last few days I've have seen plenty driving around in marked cars. Much more than I normally see.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 April 2012, 11:57,
Oh, should probably add that I will be prepared should someone/someones come knocking on my door while plod are away.
22 April 2012, 12:42,
I think your a bit of dreamer Scythe if I'm honest, you might be ready for the 1st 1 or 2 that came through your door but what you gona do with the other half dozen? just coz you were a 16 stone door man does not make you super man and in my experience the bigger they are the harder they fall, but once again I wish you luck coz I honestly think your gona need it!
22 April 2012, 12:47,
i dont think Bristol or any other city is a place where long term survival is an option, in the long run Bugging OUT is the only way to go.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 April 2012, 12:55,
Wise words BP
22 April 2012, 13:16,
I take what you're saying PG and I get why you'd think that.

I don't plan on standing in my doorway stopping people coming up the stairs. Just because there's a bit of rioting, doesn't mean it's time to bug out. I live on a main street, above the shops. I'll be up on my roof watching what's going on. Just because there's a riot doesn't mean TSHTF. It could all be over in 24 hours, or 36 hours. Riots just means it's time to get ready to go.

The roof gives me a massive advantage in terms of getting to grips with the situation and gives me the ability to assess everything that's going on. Also, there are only 3 routes out of where I live, and 2 of them are out my bedroom window. Given that the front door isn't an option, that limits my exit routes to 2. One could lead to me going the wrong way and ending up in the middle of something, the other lets me see what's going on and lets me get to grips with what best to do. Also, from the roof tops (they're mostly flat roofs) I can get over to where my car is parked and not have to worry about dangers on the streets.

So the roof will let me see the situation's big picture, it get's me to my car if need be, and it keeps me away from the danger on the streets below.
22 April 2012, 13:51,
(22 April 2012, 13:16)Scythe13 Wrote: I take what you're saying PG and I get why you'd think that.

I don't plan on standing in my doorway stopping people coming up the stairs. Just because there's a bit of rioting, doesn't mean it's time to bug out. I live on a main street, above the shops. I'll be up on my roof watching what's going on. Just because there's a riot doesn't mean TSHTF. It could all be over in 24 hours, or 36 hours. Riots just means it's time to get ready to go.

The roof gives me a massive advantage in terms of getting to grips with the situation and gives me the ability to assess everything that's going on. Also, there are only 3 routes out of where I live, and 2 of them are out my bedroom window. Given that the front door isn't an option, that limits my exit routes to 2. One could lead to me going the wrong way and ending up in the middle of something, the other lets me see what's going on and lets me get to grips with what best to do. Also, from the roof tops (they're mostly flat roofs) I can get over to where my car is parked and not have to worry about dangers on the streets.

So the roof will let me see the situation's big picture, it get's me to my car if need be, and it keeps me away from the danger on the streets below.
just tell that to the people in the flats in the London riots who were burnt out of their homes and got out with just the clothes on their backs!