Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello, from the Wirral, again & again !!!!
28 April 2012, 19:30,
Hello, from the Wirral, again & again !!!!
Hi all, I'm from the North West (Wirral), I think there is at least three other members from my region on this forum.

I'm 40 yrs young, married and have two young children who mean the world to me!

Been prepping for a while now, I've had BOB's and extra kit stored in the car for years, been storing food and other goodies within the home for a long time. I've grown a lot of my own food for a few years now and really enjoy it.

Love the outdoors, whether its walking or wild camping! I take the kids camping a lot, which gets them use to the outdoors. With having a love for the outdoors, kit is one of my little evils, you can never have to much? lol!

I believe its my responsibility to look after my family and I won't rely on anyone else to look after me or my family if TSHTF. My family will always come first know matter what!
28 April 2012, 19:42,
RE: Hello, from the Wirral, again & again !!!!
Welcome. Sounds like you have the hard part sorted, the buy in from the family. The rest we can help you with easily enough.

It seems that the Wirral has had a surge in numbers over the last week. Myself I live near Chester. I#ve arranged an Bow and Arrow weekend but if you don't want to come to that for any reason then we should arrange a Wirral Pub meet. Check out the Bow and Arrow meeting and let us know.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 April 2012, 20:35,
Hi Boss

Welcome to the forum mate. It seems like this weekend is the weekend the Bristol Group gets it's twin group up North!

Do you know the other preppers in your area?

The attitude is awesome! There's no such thing as too much time outside! However, the kit thing is an ongoing debate. Some of us are cutting our kit down massively! While others are building it all up. So it's good to have another perspective on that. When you say kit, do you mean, in the BOB or in the home? Because if it's about the home, we'd all agree, in fairness haha.

How long have you been prepping for, and what is it that you're expecting. We're all expecting different things, but with similar outcomes.

On a seperate note:
It seems a Northern Region Meet is on the cards. Would love to come along, so if there is a meet I hope it'll be arranged for an early weekend in the month. It'll be the perfect excuse to come up North and visit my parents. Same as the Bow and Arrow Weekend that SD has put on!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 April 2012, 23:02,
Aye up! Appens an ole tidy bunch of Wirrul Warriors is ont march.. Muss be yers avin a fair en bad time over yonder neck ot land fer te ye all been preppy an like? Big Grin
29 April 2012, 09:48,
Good morning!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
29 April 2012, 18:51,
(28 April 2012, 20:35)Scythe13 Wrote: On a seperate note:
It seems a Northern Region Meet is on the cards. Would love to come along, so if there is a meet I hope it'll be arranged for an early weekend in the month. It'll be the perfect excuse to come up North and visit my parents. Same as the Bow and Arrow Weekend that SD has put on!

Northern meet Eh , I'm up for a northern meet, Newcastle, Durham or Carlise ?

1 May 2012, 15:38,
(28 April 2012, 19:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: Welcome. Sounds like you have the hard part sorted, the buy in from the family. The rest we can help you with easily enough.

It seems that the Wirral has had a surge in numbers over the last week. Myself I live near Chester. I#ve arranged an Bow and Arrow weekend but if you don't want to come to that for any reason then we should arrange a Wirral Pub meet. Check out the Bow and Arrow meeting and let us know.

Thanks, Its nice to see other people in the area, who are into prepping! The hard part with the family on board isn't 100% yet, but they will be in time! lol! I'm away that week for the bow and arrow meet, I'm at the Bushcraft Show the weekend before with the kids and then hoping to stay in the area to do a bit more camping etc. If my plans change I'll let you know. I'm up for a Wirral Pub meet!
1 May 2012, 15:44,
Welcome, Good to have another prepper in the wirral. Pub meet sounds like a plan.
1 May 2012, 15:58,
Does to me too.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 May 2012, 16:19,
(28 April 2012, 20:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi Boss

Welcome to the forum mate. It seems like this weekend is the weekend the Bristol Group gets it's twin group up North!

Do you know the other preppers in your area?

The attitude is awesome! There's no such thing as too much time outside! However, the kit thing is an ongoing debate. Some of us are cutting our kit down massively! While others are building it all up. So it's good to have another perspective on that. When you say kit, do you mean, in the BOB or in the home? Because if it's about the home, we'd all agree, in fairness haha.

How long have you been prepping for, and what is it that you're expecting. We're all expecting different things, but with similar outcomes.

On a seperate note:

Thanks, there seems to be a lot of preppers in the Bristol area, it must be the water! lol! I don't know any preppers in my area, I'm hoping that will change!

Regards to kit etc, its a bit of both! You can never have enough gear in the home, my wife will tell you that! lol! As I like walking, wild camping and tarping etc, I always keep the weight down in the bergan. So, I also like to keep the weight down with the BOB.

I've always had some form of BOB stored in the car, since I passed my driving test and thats a long time ago. lol!
Regards to prepping, it has to be three years, plus. Its a slow process and its always ongoing! The biggest thing I've done so far, was clear all me credit card debt, which was last year!

Why do I prep? To make life easier and less stressful, during the good times or the bad! Plus, I enjoy doing it, It keeps the old brain cells working! lol!