Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's sooooo quiet!
7 October 2011, 14:25,
It's sooooo quiet!
I realise that a UK survival board will always be quieter than the US boards, but this board is very quiet at the minute. The main site is a great resource and I am enjoying reading through it. This site has a lot of potential if enough people with an interest in survival find it. Any ideas on how to get more like-minded people in on this?
7 October 2011, 15:27,
RE: It's sooooo quiet!
I'm always open to suggestions. I'm trying to make this a good resource for everyone from beginners to experts. The main site has been running only six months, the forum just one so they just needs more people to find it. The main site has a few but few commenters. The forums don't have many at the moment. mainly spammers but those that are here say what they want to.

Any ideas?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 October 2011, 15:35,
Well I found the site through Google, so that works. I didn't realise it had only been going a month.

Maybe advertise on the US Survivalist site, in the UK/RoI section? Discreetly, in sigs and so on. Post links there to articles here?
7 October 2011, 16:08,
I must admit that I used to spend so much time looking and chatting on prepping/survival forums that I spent more time on the internet than I did actually prepping. I have made a deliberate choice to actually prep more and and chat about it less

I think it's just a question of time before more people join up, I found it from a google search as well and no doubt more people will.

A larger forum is not always better either, conversations tend to stray from survival and prepping into the (and I'm trying to be polite here Smile) errr...em...less well scientifically researched subjects and theories which hold absolutely no interest to me whatsoever. I then tend to get fed up with all the bad science and stop posting altogether.
18 October 2011, 22:30,
Hallo Gentle Men,

I have started a Bug Out site just to organise the info and ideas i've collected.
My next idea is to 'construct' a few survival/bug out workshops/courses.
My primary focus will be on people with some survival experience and preppers...
Also i would like to include my community.

Any ideas/suggestions for workshops/courses ... ?
Could be anything from fixing tyres to selve defence...
23 October 2011, 22:13,
Patience Mon Ami, Patience, my own ickle forum is still in its formative format its taken us 6 months and much heartbreak, betrayal and turmoil to get through but we still field about 30 active readers and 10 active posters. It takes lots and lots of time for forums to find their identity and to attract its core supporters.Smile
NR
30 October 2011, 00:07,
I couldn't find a new-members-say-hello section, not that it's something to gripe about - besides, who wants their first post to be a whinge?

Anyway, I am an active poster on other survivalist forums based abroad, primarily because the UK isn't exactly a survivalist-minded country. I come from and live in Northern Ireland, I've been into survivalism / preparedness for years and have slowly altered my preparedness mindset from the Rawlesian isolated retreat model to a more settlement-centric approach. So that's it for now... But I'll have a look around and see what's interesting on this site and comment (or not!) accordingly!
30 October 2011, 07:06,
JR You could run courses on Bow making, Foraging, Water distillation, Camouflage, Building shacks, and many other skills. These few mentioned could give you a start. Looking at the curriculum for survival courses on the web should give you many more subjects to pursue. Do not forget to include the prepping side of survivalism as well. Maybe food preservation as well. If you have a wife who shares your views, she might cover dehydration, canning etc. Kenneth Eames.
19 November 2011, 20:16,
You have to feel able to "trust" a forum before beginning to post furiously!! Reading at the beginning gives you an idea of who might be who etc etc The UK-ness of the site is its USP and worth getting right.