Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind and rain disruption!
30 April 2012, 09:40,
Wind and rain disruption!
Wind & rain disruption in Devon & Cornwall: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17887085
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2012, 09:57,
RE: Wind and rain disruption!
My god that was a fat tree must have been some wind.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
30 April 2012, 10:21, (This post was last modified: 30 April 2012, 10:36 by bigpaul.)
the forcast said 50-60MPH winds, not sure what it actually was!
wind and rain in pictures: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17888512
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2012, 12:32,
The weather here wasn't quite that bad, but I'm glad I backed out of the challenge early!

How's it effect you BP? Other than the 1 hour powercut that you didn't realise had happened haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 April 2012, 13:38,
(30 April 2012, 12:32)Scythe13 Wrote: The weather here wasn't quite that bad, but I'm glad I backed out of the challenge early!

How's it effect you BP? Other than the 1 hour powercut that you didn't realise had happened haha.

well, apart from all the ground being wet and squelchy, we cant get on the allotment for the water, rivers and brooks are up but nothing serious-not here anyway!some lying water on the roads, havent personally seen any fallen trees...yet!
30 April 2012, 13:43,
For once I'm glad I live in Scotland, we have rain but nothing serious.
Failure is always an option.
1 May 2012, 11:35,
(30 April 2012, 13:43)Neuralsandwich Wrote: For once I'm glad I live in Scotland, we have rain but nothing serious.

just you wait, it'll be your turn next!!Tongue
1 May 2012, 11:46,
I doubt the Firth of Forth will fill enough to give me trouble Wink never had flooding trouble. Snow trouble and traffic however are another story.
1 May 2012, 11:55,
its not so much the rivers its more about the ground, when the ground is so wet it cant absorb any more water then you get flooding. problems occur too when you get a big estate being built with lots and lots of concrete, again the concrete cant absorb the water and flooding occurs.
1 May 2012, 11:59,
We don't tend to get the worst of the rain due the hills and mountain in the west above Glasgow and the highlands. When we do get heavy rain the worst we get is large puddles on the roads and some parks nothing major thankfully.