Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
long term food stores
2 May 2012, 21:24, (This post was last modified: 2 May 2012, 22:13 by Nemesis.)
long term food stores
Ignore this thread; it is to attract more members.

Edit: in found this easy to follow if you don't already know.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
2 May 2012, 21:48,
RE: long term food stores
?

Ter
2 May 2012, 22:19,
Nice.

I just bought a cheapo vacuum packer though Smile

Not seen those bags before though, need to have a Google for a decent supply of large mylar bags
2 May 2012, 22:21, (This post was last modified: 2 May 2012, 22:25 by Nemesis.)
(2 May 2012, 21:48)Terry Wrote: ?

Ter

In google .co.uk if you type in rain farm this forum is listed at number 6 on the search, I just wanted to see if typing in long term food stores will attract traffic to this site, and how long it would take to reach page one.
(2 May 2012, 22:19)00111001 Wrote: Nice.

Not seen those bags before though, need to have a Google for a decent supply of large mylar bags

I got mine from USA it worked out cheaper back then. There is a company on EBay doing them at a fair price now though only not sure of the grade and I don't have a link to them, won't be hard to locate though not many UK sellers on the bay.
2 May 2012, 22:28,
(2 May 2012, 22:21)WetandCold Wrote:
(2 May 2012, 21:48)Terry Wrote: ?

Ter

In google .co.uk if you type in rain farm this forum is listed at number 6 on the search, I just wanted to see if typing in long term food stores will attract traffic to this site, and how long it would take to reach page one.
(2 May 2012, 22:19)00111001 Wrote: Nice.

I got mine from USA it worked out cheaper back then. There is a company on EBay doing them at a fair price now though only not sure of the grade and I don't have a link to them, won't be hard to locate though not many UK sellers on the bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Mylar-Emerg...942wt_1270

found those ones. Anyone know the storage life difference between using mylar and normal bags that come with the vacuum packer (clear but quite thick plastic)?
If it's years then I'll get a load of the mylar, but if it's only 6 months extra or something then there's not much point.
2 May 2012, 22:49, (This post was last modified: 2 May 2012, 22:54 by Nemesis.)
Depends on what you store, like white rice will store longer then brown rice due to oils, and so on.

They say white rice 25 years.
This is the one I use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Mylar-20X30...4155ebe16c