Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi all
8 May 2012, 13:49,
Hi all
Hi there guys and gals, this is my first foray into survivalism but the way things are going economically and socially I figure its time to get ready.

I have recently sold up and moved away from the big smoke to a more remote location in the british isles with a view to surviving whats coming next. A big step I know but quite honestly the way things are going, im counting the days to a serious change in months and not years.

The forums are great and I look forwards to speaking to many of you over the coming months.

All the best

Alan
8 May 2012, 14:10,
RE: Hi all
hi Alan, welcome to the forum, what area are you?....no postcodes just north, south, east or west will do!! Cheers BP>
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2012, 14:24,
Alan,

Welcome. It seems you have already been prepping for a while if you have already moved. Many of us would love to do the same.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 May 2012, 14:45,
Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum. There's loads of information on here, but if there's something you don't know, don't be affraid to ask. We've all been in the starting seat at some point, so any questions you want to ask but are scared to ask, we'll be able to look back and think "I remember when I asked that question."

The area you're from could be very helpful to get you in touch with other preppers and survivalists in the area that may be able to help you along.

What has gotten you into this mindset? (don't worry about sounding strange, I'm hearing so much about 2012, even that's starting to trip me out a bit haha).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 May 2012, 15:32, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2012, 15:36 by Illepidae.)
(8 May 2012, 14:10)bigpaul Wrote: hi Alan, welcome to the forum, what area are you?....no postcodes just north, south, east or west will do!! Cheers BP>

I am way down south in the Channel Islands.
(8 May 2012, 14:24)Skean Dhude Wrote: Alan,

Welcome. It seems you have already been prepping for a while if you have already moved. Many of us would love to do the same.

It got to the point at the end of last year where I decided it was just time to go. Society is really starting to unravel and world governments only seem to be focusing on economics ad ignoring social unrest. Its a worry.
(8 May 2012, 14:45)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum. There's loads of information on here, but if there's something you don't know, don't be affraid to ask. We've all been in the starting seat at some point, so any questions you want to ask but are scared to ask, we'll be able to look back and think "I remember when I asked that question."

The area you're from could be very helpful to get you in touch with other preppers and survivalists in the area that may be able to help you along.

What has gotten you into this mindset? (don't worry about sounding strange, I'm hearing so much about 2012, even that's starting to trip me out a bit haha).

2012 was a small part of it, but it's not so much a total ending that I consider most likely but a complete breakdown in society at large. Between competing economies and phyco terrorists it just doesnt seem like its gonna be long before all hell breaks loose.
8 May 2012, 21:26,
Hello from the Far East ... well, East Anglia to be precise Smile
8 May 2012, 21:35,
Good evening!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
8 May 2012, 21:52,
Welcome, and Hello from me Wink
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II
9 May 2012, 14:13,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!