Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingston and Surrey Area
9 May 2012, 18:02,
Kingston and Surrey Area

Having grown up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and now having spent the last 25 years in the city urban environment i personally think local community of likeminded people within your area may be one of the most important asset of your prepping plan.

I will be bugged in with my family if the trouble starts. I have an option 25 mile out to surrey, but i reckon the chaos of London would spread out of most of the south east.

So my personal feeling is friendships with like minded people forged in the good times would be sensible prepping requirement.

Its seem funny how we are happy to do coms on the forums bus less inclined to invest time and effort in real meeting.

Anyone out there interested in a bit of effort doing a meeting, then ill put the effort in as well to meet.

Lets here your views folks.

9 May 2012, 18:29,
RE: Kingston and Surrey Area
Surry is still part of the big smoke as far as I can see. Millions of people withing walking distance. Even if the rural type areas there will be a lot of people. You sound like you will be one of them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 May 2012, 19:27,
Hello Lester. That is a good post. TL.
9 May 2012, 20:41,
Thanks for the response guys.

Skean Dhude i agree with you, but i think this overspill from large urban areas would be a massive problem throughout the uk.

No intrtest for a meet up???

9 May 2012, 22:56,
Give it a little time and check out The Wilderness gathering as noted elsewhere on this site.
10 May 2012, 11:14,
Lester,

Some areas will be worse than others.

There are a couple here from the SE so I'm sure some people will want to arrange a meet up eventually.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 May 2012, 11:19,
there are a lot of people in the south east, population of London is i think 8million ....and rising, even with say a 50% die off WTSHTF that still a lot of people, most of whom will not be prepared...and will be hungry!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2012, 13:19,
Hello chap, I'm in Southampton, so not toooo far from you.

I'd be up for a meet sometime. Beer an a chat always good!
20 May 2012, 14:39,
Hey, sorry been a while getting back to you. I'm hopefully going to Wilderness gathering so be good to hook up there if you are going.
Dependency Equals Control
20 May 2012, 23:28,
I used to live up that way, in Epsom, but now I'm back in South Hants. That's not too far away though. I'm quite near 00111001. Perhaps we could all meet up sometime?