Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lack of positive female role models
11 May 2012, 17:50,
lack of positive female role models
yeah, and i think the same can be said of male role models too! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18033198 seems the only role models these girls can find is "T.O.W.I.E." & "made in chelsea"!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2012, 01:06,
RE: lack of positive female role models
And we wonder why our kids are becoming anorexic and demanding plastic surgery, designer clothing and expensive mobiles. Reality tv has a lot to answer for, line the producers up and shoot the bloody lot of them PROBLEM SOLVED
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
12 May 2012, 10:01, (This post was last modified: 12 May 2012, 10:02 by TOF.)

Maybe I'm getting old, or stuck in a time warp. My hero was my Dad and my role model was my Gran and, she was a woman to reckon with. I so wanted to be like her.
It's not so much what is on TV or in the Newspaper, but parents no longer have time for their children and also fail to regulate what their children watch and do. Society no longer cherishes the young.
Just read that back and maybe it should be some parents, I don't think all parents are the same.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 May 2012, 12:01,
most of these kids....girls or boys...just want to be famous(and wealthy) they dont actually WANT to work for it, like you say TOF reality TV has got a lot to answer for....when TSHTF these kids will have no skills and wont be able to fend for themselves...nothing new there i suppose!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.