Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block on long term food.
15 May 2012, 22:41,
Block on long term food.
I was just taking a look as this company ships to the UK they were willing to send me para cord and other gear but when I tried two long term foods it seems UK is putting a block on it, and company not allowed to send to us.

[Image: De1evZ7XmQ920tzsJVAGEDca0.jpg]

[Image: 5gWhvHknin9IBF5ZDINwd1QH2.jpg]

Regulations what bloody regulations they got to not allow sealed canned food from entering the UK.

Been after that canned egg for a while it has 5 to 10 year shelf life and opened 12 months, I have made my own its crap and I don't really want just egg white these whole eggs would be nice.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
15 May 2012, 22:49,
RE: Block on long term food.
Odd. Could be something like they contain certain preservatives, or other additives prohibited over here. I can't think why there would be any restrictions on it just because its long life hoard-able food.
15 May 2012, 22:50,
IT'S HAPPENING!

and so on.
15 May 2012, 22:59,
Unopened tin of powdered egg sent to Britain from the USA in WW2, it was ok back then, I guess we just need to wait for the bombs to be dropping on our heads before we can buy good quality canned egg. Huh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unopened-warti...4603af4479
15 May 2012, 23:12,
Had this before.
Email the site's "contact us" and the probable reason why they don't want to send you stuff is because they have been caught out by custom fees before now i.e. UK customs want to sting you, you refuse delivery, the sender had to pay the carriage for it's return.

I've had this happen a lot with US sites ESPECIALLY if their goods can be VAT rated or need extra screening i.e. food stuffs.

What happens then is they put a blanket ban via the software on the country.

Now if you can contact them directly and get them to send you stuff as a GIFT on the export paperwork, it sails through (or so far it has for me) BUT you need to bypass their automated ordering system.

Also only use USPO service and the postal service here.
Certain parcel carriers love to slap on a handling charge AT THIS END. (no names, don't want to be sued).

This does not mean you can get illegal things sent to you RolleyesRolleyes but legality all depends on your point of viewWink

16 May 2012, 09:43, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2012, 09:45 by TOF.)
Put your tinfoil hats away, there is no conspiracy. The import dairy or meat products from most countries outside the EU. There are also restrictions on the import of potatoes, plants, fish, shellfish, honey, eggs and egg products and certain fruits and vegetables.

See here for full article. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTra.../DG_064942

You can get long term foodstuffs here(blardy expensive though) http://shop.conserva.de/epages/es116266....D=12830372

If you want powdered egg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGG-POWDER-POW...4d00eec585

Apparently you can get tinned butter in Thai food shops.

Ooops! Should read The import dairy or meat products is BANNED from most countries outside the EU.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
16 May 2012, 13:03,
Thanks Paul I already knew a lot of what you said but I was unaware that the US companies were getting stung by fees, which would explain a few things but the fact is this company will allow me non food stuffs, must be what TOF said.

Also I was told they don't like gifting as it breaks a law there side, I say again I only was told this, not checked.

Thanks TOF that would explain things.

As for conserva.de I knew about this company a long time now but it seems they have dropped carriage and even the cost of their butter although it is a different brand from the famous red feather.

UK cost all in for 24 cans £68, although it is 140g less than the yank store per can not a bad price.

EBay egg powder: I know of that one as well not far from where I live in fact but it works out to costly when compared to the honeyville's powdered whole eggs from USA.
16 May 2012, 13:40,

Don't forget W&C we live in rip-off Britain and we're not supposed to prep either! I'm constantly looking for food storage items. I have come to the conclusion you either have to accept we pay more, or preserve it yourself, which is my own goal. Home dried eggs don't appeal though. You can freeze whole egg. I beat the eggs, then pour into bun tins. one bun of egg generally equals one whole egg. Or you can store eggs in Waterglass. They will last for several months, but the quality degrades. Still good enough for baking but not for a fried egg butty!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
22 June 2012, 14:48,
There is a limitation on bringing powdered egg into the UK from non -EU supplier.

Also yes there is an issue with the taxes if the buyer doesn't pay the import.
22 June 2012, 19:36,
why dont the powers that be want us to store food i mean wots the bloody problem
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!