Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Sources.
21 May 2012, 13:46,
News Sources.
Hi folks.

Where do you all get your up to date news from? I pretty much have the BBC news website open 24/7. We don't have a TV at home so other than the web it's Radio 4.

Do any of you have any other good, non TV sources please?

Rich
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 13:55,
RE: News Sources.
I rarely watch government TV. I get all my news from blogs.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 May 2012, 14:00,
(21 May 2012, 13:55)Skean Dhude Wrote: I rarely watch government TV. I get all my news from blogs.

Any good examples? I am interested in urgent news updates rather than commentary. Are there blogs about that do this too?

The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 14:29,
Not really. All I visit provide commentary on events. There is no breaking news they rely on the papers websites for that. Then they add perspective.

For breaking news I'd look at connecting to the RSS feeds from Yahoo and Google.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 May 2012, 14:30,
(21 May 2012, 14:29)Skean Dhude Wrote: Not really. All I visit provide commentary on events. There is no breaking news they rely on the papers websites for that. Then they add perspective.

For breaking news I'd look at connecting to the RSS feeds from Yahoo and Google.

Bloody good idea that. Ta.

Rich
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 14:55,
We have a tv but I rarely watch it I prefer to get the news off the internet as depressing as it is
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
21 May 2012, 15:00,
the TV is rubbish these days, mostly old repeats, i'm only interested in Ray Mears programmes, thats why we've just started watching The (original) Survivors DVD...we bought a box set.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2012, 15:03,
I've looked everywhere for the dvds but with no luck, where did you manage to get them if you don't mind my asking
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
21 May 2012, 15:06,
We gave up on it a few months ago, my fiancee grew up without one, her mom doesn't have one and I was resenting the fact it sucked our lives away. Plus it's rubbish mostly, anything I have any specific interest in, I can watch it streamed. Other than that, I would rather be outside.
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 15:33,
(21 May 2012, 15:03)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I've looked everywhere for the dvds but with no luck, where did you manage to get them if you don't mind my asking

we got them from a magazine that sells BBC stuff, but they are available on ebay and Amazon now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.