Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win a Bunker!!
6 June 2012, 08:39,
Win a Bunker!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...world.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2012, 09:14,
RE: Win a Bunker!!
Interesting. It seems that this is a serious Survivor type show. It isn't a documentary and thus should be difficult to skew. Although it seems to me that with Obama in place more and more of the US is thinking the world is going to end. In the UK we are probably still all seen asl a bit strange.

I'll be interested in seeing how it works out but as I don't watch TV. I'll just get the address of the bunker from someone else. Let me know if they are armed or not.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 June 2012, 08:17,
Great idea, win a bunker that everybody knows the location of and what you have stored in it. It just beggars belief. What is going on in these peoples brains ? Are they really that simplistic ? Prepping is as much about being grey as storing supplies. All they are doing here is advertising to the chavs where there is a good stash for them to be entitled to. Additionally, I am not sure that I want "Prepping" to go into mainstream media, as when the SHTF, more people will be aware of us, looking for signs of us, and inevitably, attacking us.

Be well.
7 June 2012, 21:52,
(7 June 2012, 08:17)Weyoun Wrote: Great idea, win a bunker that everybody knows the location of and what you have stored in it. It just beggars belief. What is going on in these peoples brains ? Are they really that simplistic ? Prepping is as much about being grey as storing supplies. All they are doing here is advertising to the chavs where there is a good stash for them to be entitled to. Additionally, I am not sure that I want "Prepping" to go into mainstream media, as when the SHTF, more people will be aware of us, looking for signs of us, and inevitably, attacking us.

Is the location made public?

The more mainstream it gets, and the more popular it becomes the more people are likely to be prepared and the less of a disaster it will be. And at least there will be more targets for raiders and fewer people needing to raid... probably ... I'm not sure I actually believe that, but there are both pros and cons.
8 June 2012, 06:02,
(7 June 2012, 21:52)Tonka Wrote:
(7 June 2012, 08:17)Weyoun Wrote: Great idea, win a bunker that everybody knows the location of and what you have stored in it. It just beggars belief. What is going on in these peoples brains ? Are they really that simplistic ? Prepping is as much about being grey as storing supplies. All they are doing here is advertising to the chavs where there is a good stash for them to be entitled to. Additionally, I am not sure that I want "Prepping" to go into mainstream media, as when the SHTF, more people will be aware of us, looking for signs of us, and inevitably, attacking us.

Is the location made public?

The more mainstream it gets, and the more popular it becomes the more people are likely to be prepared and the less of a disaster it will be. And at least there will be more targets for raiders and fewer people needing to raid... probably ... I'm not sure I actually believe that, but there are both pros and cons.

Very Good point.
8 June 2012, 12:27,
From the media statements so far, the location of the prize bunker is not made public. The location of the competition site however may well be. ?? Do you think we could do a hostile takeover on Live TV and claim the bunker ourselves?? Now that would get the ratings up to mainstream media hype status. Yeehar!!Big Grin
8 June 2012, 12:43,
They discussed this show on Fox tother night, the location of the bunker is only known to a very few people mainly those hired to build it.

11 June 2012, 23:36,
Just wondering how many sets of keys the builders had.

I cant help thinking of the Simpsons episode where Ned Flanders builds a shelter just before a comet threatens the world. The whole town turn up when disaster looms but there ends up being one person too many in the shelter. Naturally Homer proposes that Flanders should leave! poor Neddy is then kicked out.

I just cant see it working in the UK. The minimum shelter size would have to be 50,000 sq feet to accommodate the mandatory disabled access ramps, a mother and baby changing room, gender neutral fallout showers, Fair Trade organic iodine filters, all safety notices to be displayed in eighteen languages using a non-confrontational and inclusive synergy of urban composite renewal grass roots ad-hoc transitional multi-cultural foundation awareness.

But I suppose the killer blow would be when the local authorities declare them as second homes and charge the rates accordingly.
12 June 2012, 00:11,
Reg,

You nailed it there. The only thing you forgot was the hoops you have to jump through to get permission.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin