Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Udder-ly ignorant.
15 June 2012, 08:59,
Udder-ly ignorant.
report in Thursday's Daily Express: "Less than half of young Britons know butter comes from cows, a shocking new study reveals. A quarter of 16-23 year old admit they have no idea, while 15% think it comes from oats, wheat or maize. Just 41% got the right answer despite being shown pictures of a cow. One in seven also didnt know where milk came from and a third didnt know that eggs are from chickens. Caroline Drummond of pollsters Linking Environment & Farming said: young adults are clearly becoming removed from where their food comes from".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2012, 11:56,
RE: Udder-ly ignorant.
Reminds me of when I took a group of kids from Stockton on an outward bound weekend to Stainsacre nr Whitby. When we arrived and were walking to the area where the tents were the kids suddenly went silent, I turned around to see them all stood staring at a cow that was sauntering across the field towards them. of 30 kids only 3 had seen a real live cow before.

15 June 2012, 13:14,
OH says that is scary, after TSHTF all the more beef for us...they'll all expect it to be shrink rapped!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2012, 18:44,
i think that is very sad all my kids no where food comes from my boys go hunting with me some times not to shoot as i think they are to young to kill at the more and there shooting is good but not that good for live pray but they do pick up the rabbits for me better then having a dog they are not worried about the blood and gore Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 June 2012, 20:38, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2012, 20:38 by Nemesis.)
I don't believe this story I think it is just made up bullshit survey where someone is trying to get funding or something, or just media crap as per usual and eggs come from insects birds fish and reptiles.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
16 June 2012, 10:10,
no i have heard this story before and i consider it to be the truth, ask most city kids (children of sheeple not preppers) where their food comes from and you'll probably get the answer" Duh...the supermarket??"Big Grin
17 June 2012, 06:12,
I too, have heard this story before and have met youngsters who have no idea where their food originates. Apart from that, they have very little knowledge of their language and many are incapable of spelling simple words. In the past there were many who could not read or write and there were legitimate reasons for this, but when it comes to the modern age, the returns for the money invested are appalling. I am sorry that I have strayed from the subject, but that is my rant for the day. Kenneth Eames.
17 June 2012, 11:37,
The story is true my mother used to work for a centre that catered for childrenfrom inner city areas this centre was to teach children about country life, my mother asked one child where did they think milk came from the reply was out of a bottle and another the milkman
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
17 June 2012, 13:33,
I have seen a somehting like this on a Jamie Olvier program, when he was in the USA campainging for healthy food

The kids in the first school REALY REALY did not know where the food comes from !!
17 June 2012, 16:26,
its horrible isnt it? is it just the modern generation? i was bought up in a city but i knew where food came from, well my mother was a farmers daughter!!