Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
supplies post SHTF
23 June 2012, 11:44,
supplies post SHTF
took dog for a walk on a track about 8 miles from home, across the road in the middle of nowhere is a farming supply store which stocks: equine supplies,smallholder supplies,poultry foods, farming accessories...including lots of blue tubs,cat and dog food, rabbit food, traps and bait and....COAL!, needless to say its going on my "supplies for after shtf" map!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2012, 17:32,
RE: supplies post SHTF
nice find, its amazing what some farm suppliers have, shotgun ammo, quad bikes, seed, fuel, bottled gas, tools, outdoor clothing etc

23 June 2012, 17:43,
(23 June 2012, 17:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: nice find, its amazing what some farm suppliers have, shotgun ammo, quad bikes, seed, fuel, bottled gas, tools, outdoor clothing etc

yeah, we got one like this in my town...well i dont know about the shotgun ammoTongue one in another, larger ,town does quads and metal trailers, but this one this morning is a smaller unit out in the middle of nowhere and we literally fell over it, i forgot to say on the other side of the road just off the cycle track, is an older council depot..couple of interesting buildings and piles of pallets, wood and sand! the cycle path itself( they are all ex railway lines in this area) goes through some very wooded areas ideal for firewood i'm thinking!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2012, 18:18,
The one near me also sells giant boxes of washing powder, fabric conditioner, blankets, tilley lamps, paraffin and all sorts of other stuff I can't remember.

Schools, Old peoples homes and businesses that have canteens are worth knowing of for food supplies.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
24 June 2012, 15:51,
It's extremely handy to have a map (mental or otherwise) of locations of places like that. Even aged 16 I was drawing lists of shops I would go to first post SHTF.

Mad Max films you see, had me thinking from an early age about it.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
24 June 2012, 17:30,
i was given the idea of a map a couple of years ago, i drew 2 circles on it, 5 miles radius of where i live, and 10 miles radius, anything i find in those areas is marked on the map.
24 June 2012, 19:52,
Remember that not all companies even bother advertising their address or phone number, especially if they are distribution centers or regions hubs whose job it is to just resupply shops, So very often its worth just having a bimble around the industrial estates in your area to make note of whats there. Just the other week I stumbled across the warehouse where the local wood and coal burning stove company keeps his stock.

24 June 2012, 21:48,
Good tips those, thanks. That would cover Stirling for me and I would like to avoid that place if at all possible, but there are other places up north.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
25 June 2012, 08:40,
Further to my last post I notice for example B & Q, Homebase and Argos dont actively advertise their regional distribution centers and I also noted that in this region at least neither Tesco nor Adsa advertise where their hubs are. All those places and more like Machine Marts dist centers would be ripe picking for survivalists after TSHTF.

25 June 2012, 11:41,
here is a place to go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tches.html

think of what treasures it will hold