Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning From The Southwest!
27 June 2012, 06:03,
Morning From The Southwest!
Hello UK preppers and survivalists!

first i wanna say its great to find a community dedicated to survival in our country as im sure many of you who've done your research have been swamped by us geared sites Tongue....anywho back to the introduction

im 18, nearly 19, about 6 foot with long curly hair, i have lived in the southwest all my life, and have recently been getting into prepping and survival, i honestly have sod all experience, i been camping a fair amount and have lived virtually my whole life in a small country village, my lifestyle has been terrible upto now, which is again another reason for my newfound passion for prepping, it'll help spur me to get into shape Smile i like music, sharp and pointy things, explosives, guns and am a total self professed geek, i love science and always have done, im pretty damned good at maths, ive been shooting once or twice with an air rifle but was told i was really good at it (nearly as good as my mate who'd been shooting for years) although i am looking to get into shooting more as ive always been passionate about guns (but hey what boy hasnt right?)

anyway theres a little bit about me, feel free to ask me whatever ya like, and i cant wait to get to know some of you guys Smile
27 June 2012, 08:45,
RE: Morning From The Southwest!
Welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to ask any questions there is a helpful bunch on here and if you have any info to share don't be shy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 June 2012, 08:46,
Good morning and welcome, lets start with dont knock where you were born and raised, I for one am utterly jelous that you were blessed with the good fortune to be born in the south west and more so you were born in a village.

I was born on Teesside in its industrial heyday, I had no idea what a beautiful rural village was until i joined the boys army and was posted to Nortn Fitzwarren in Somerset, my childhood was in a place surrounded by chemical plants, cooling towers, noise and rivers completely devoid of life. I had never seen an orchard until I rode the train through Dorset and Somerset. I love Somerset and the fabulous people who live there.

Next, trust me on this I've had 35 years of prepping to find out, being a Geek is good, the best survivalists and preppers are the well educated thinkers and planners.
You are now moving into adulthood and the oportunities to be a survivalist par excellence are limitless, enjoy our community.
NR

27 June 2012, 08:52,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 June 2012, 08:57,
(27 June 2012, 08:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Good morning and welcome, lets start with dont knock where you were born and raised, I for one am utterly jelous that you were blessed with the good fortune to be born in the south west and more so you were born in a village.

I was born on Teesside in its industrial heyday, I had no idea what a beautiful rural village was until i joined the boys army and was posted to Nortn Fitzwarren in Somerset, my childhood was in a place surrounded by chemical plants, cooling towers, noise and rivers completely devoid of life. I had never seen an orchard until I rode the train through Dorset and Somerset. I love Somerset and the fabulous people who live there.

Next, trust me on this I've had 35 years of prepping to find out, being a Geek is good, the best survivalists and preppers are the well educated thinkers and planners.
You are now moving into adulthood and the oportunities to be a survivalist par excellence are limitless, enjoy our community.
NR

dont get me wrong mate, i know how lucky i am to have grown up in a nice rural village, i spent my entire childhood (from 4 onwards anyway) running around fields, and i think it made me a much more rounded person, and theres nothing like the delight of finding a hidden little gem in the middle of nowhere! but at the age i am i wanna be in the thick of it more, not necessarily a city but maybe nearer to a town at least, but hey i love the country, when i have kids, im gonna make sure i bring them up in the country!

ah somerset! im right on the cusp meself, live in dorset, only a stones throw away from somerset, about 5 minutes drive and im in somerset! theres certainly some great places around there Smile ....i actually spent the first few months of my life in a different village and then the next few years in a town Tongue...moved to where i am now when i was 4 though Big Grin

as for being a geek, most people wouldnt call me such as i really dont appear to be at first glance, but i proudly label myself a geek!....wow 35 years, i daresay i've got a hell of alot of catching up to do! well i look forward to learning more from you guys Smile....and if any of you are ever down in dorset or somerset and fancy a meet up or anything i'd be more than willing (once you know me better obviously xD)

anyways thanks for the warm welcomes guys! ive already been busy posting around Smile.....im very eager to learn, i only started getting into survivalism in the last week or 2! but i've already picked up a fair amount Smile....am looking to buy myself a first knife at the moment.
27 June 2012, 08:58,
Good morning!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
27 June 2012, 09:01,
(27 June 2012, 08:57)Hrusai Wrote: anyways thanks for the warm welcomes guys! ive already been busy posting around Smile.....im very eager to learn, i only started getting into survivalism in the last week or 2! but i've already picked up a fair amount Smile....am looking to buy myself a first knife at the moment.

Good, now Sloooooooow down or you will sicken yourself or burnout, read the forum in depth and you will find loads of useful stuff.

27 June 2012, 09:16,

heh yeah i do tend to get carried away Tongue ill go and read some more and carry on perfecting my blow gunTongue...although i have nothing else to do which is probably why i do so much reading and stuff Tongue
27 June 2012, 09:43,
Morning
27 June 2012, 10:49,
morning, from a fellow southwesternite (Devon)!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.