Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning From The Southwest!
27 June 2012, 08:57,
RE: Morning From The Southwest!
(27 June 2012, 08:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Good morning and welcome, lets start with dont knock where you were born and raised, I for one am utterly jelous that you were blessed with the good fortune to be born in the south west and more so you were born in a village.

I was born on Teesside in its industrial heyday, I had no idea what a beautiful rural village was until i joined the boys army and was posted to Nortn Fitzwarren in Somerset, my childhood was in a place surrounded by chemical plants, cooling towers, noise and rivers completely devoid of life. I had never seen an orchard until I rode the train through Dorset and Somerset. I love Somerset and the fabulous people who live there.

Next, trust me on this I've had 35 years of prepping to find out, being a Geek is good, the best survivalists and preppers are the well educated thinkers and planners.
You are now moving into adulthood and the oportunities to be a survivalist par excellence are limitless, enjoy our community.
NR

dont get me wrong mate, i know how lucky i am to have grown up in a nice rural village, i spent my entire childhood (from 4 onwards anyway) running around fields, and i think it made me a much more rounded person, and theres nothing like the delight of finding a hidden little gem in the middle of nowhere! but at the age i am i wanna be in the thick of it more, not necessarily a city but maybe nearer to a town at least, but hey i love the country, when i have kids, im gonna make sure i bring them up in the country!

ah somerset! im right on the cusp meself, live in dorset, only a stones throw away from somerset, about 5 minutes drive and im in somerset! theres certainly some great places around there Smile ....i actually spent the first few months of my life in a different village and then the next few years in a town Tongue...moved to where i am now when i was 4 though Big Grin

as for being a geek, most people wouldnt call me such as i really dont appear to be at first glance, but i proudly label myself a geek!....wow 35 years, i daresay i've got a hell of alot of catching up to do! well i look forward to learning more from you guys Smile....and if any of you are ever down in dorset or somerset and fancy a meet up or anything i'd be more than willing (once you know me better obviously xD)

anyways thanks for the warm welcomes guys! ive already been busy posting around Smile.....im very eager to learn, i only started getting into survivalism in the last week or 2! but i've already picked up a fair amount Smile....am looking to buy myself a first knife at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
Morning From The Southwest! - by Hrusai - 27 June 2012, 06:03
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Skean Dhude - 27 June 2012, 08:45
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Hrusai - 27 June 2012, 08:57
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Hrusai - 27 June 2012, 09:16
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Barneyboy - 27 June 2012, 08:52
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by TOF - 27 June 2012, 08:58
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Melissa15 - 27 June 2012, 09:43
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by bigpaul - 27 June 2012, 10:49
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by bigpaul - 27 June 2012, 11:06
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Tonka - 28 June 2012, 21:39
RE: Morning From The Southwest! - by Reg - 29 June 2012, 14:51