Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New guy checking in
1 July 2012, 12:37,
New guy checking in
Hi folks, been reading the forum for a little while and decided it's time to get involved.

I'm pretty new to prepping, but I feel like it's something I've been heading towards for quite a few years. Ever since a schoolboy I've been convinced that civilization will see a rapid decline within my lifetime, but it's only recently hit me just how vulnerable me and my family would be should my fears become reality. Time to change that.

Main things I'm worried about are peak oil (and the inevitable wars as a result), potential Eurozone collapse which I think is more likely now that Germany have agreed to underwrite Eurozone debts (one country can't sustain a troubled continent), and just general economic collapse due to the unsustainability of western society in a world with a fast growing population and steadily declining resources.

Not to mention just how bad this country is at handling problems ie. strikes, riots, snow, temporary petrol shortages. All things considered I now see it's pretty stupid not to have AT LEAST a small stockpile of food for the next time there's a small problem and people wipe the supermarket shelves clean.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posts such great stuff on here, I've learned a lot in a short time and compiled a huge todo list almost entirely from you folks, so I look forward to joining in the discussion.

PS. I used to be a personal trainer so if anybody has questions on the fitness/nutrition/general health side of things I should be able to help out. Would be rude to soak up all your info and not give back Wink
1 July 2012, 12:41,
RE: New guy checking in
Nice post, welcome to the forum.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
1 July 2012, 13:03,
welcome to the site, i think you've just summed up all the things i'm keeping my eye on too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2012, 13:04,
Greetings from Oop north
NR

1 July 2012, 13:13,
hello and welcome for norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 July 2012, 14:28,
Hello! Good idea to get stuck in! I find as soon as I cross one thing off my 'to do' list, I add about four more! Smile
1 July 2012, 14:39,
Welcome. Hope you like it here. We might be a bit stereotypical in our mindsets, but there is useful info here too, as well as the odd like hearted poke at ye olde "controversial news".

Anyhoo

As a personal trainer do you recommend taking ZMA?
1 July 2012, 21:08,
6 replies within 2 hours of my first post, nice reception Smile
You're not all the same guy on multiple accounts are you? lol

(1 July 2012, 14:39)Carnebwen Wrote: As a personal trainer do you recommend taking ZMA?

It depends what you plan to use it for. If you want to use it as a health supplement to help you get a better night's sleep then I'd recommend trying it. I slept like a coma patient when I tried it. But if you're looking to use it to increase testosterone levels then save your money, most independent studies have found it to have little or no effect on testosterone.
1 July 2012, 21:25,
That is what I have also read. I'm having some cool dreams on it, but I think timing when to take it is whats making my a bit restless. I still feel refreshed, but I wake up more during the night.

1 July 2012, 21:55,
(1 July 2012, 21:25)Carnebwen Wrote: That is what I have also read. I'm having some cool dreams on it, but I think timing when to take it is whats making my a bit restless. I still feel refreshed, but I wake up more during the night.

Yea the positive sleep effects don't seem to work for everyone, I'd try lowering the dosage if I were you, I have vague recollections of speaking to somebody who had similar issues and lowered the dose with successful results. Maybe experiment with taking it at different times, but if you're only trying it for the sleep benefits and it's not doing the trick then I wouldn't be buying it again lol.
If you're taking it for testosterone or muscle building purposes I could recommend something more appropriate