Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSE forcastes more riots and civil unrest in UK this summer
2 July 2012, 10:04, (This post was last modified: 2 July 2012, 10:07 by NorthernRaider.)
Exclamation  LSE forcastes more riots and civil unrest in UK this summer
Just heard on the 10 AM news of 107fm that the London School of Ecnomics and the Police believe there is a high likelyhood of more riots this summer, especially if it gets warmer.

Consider this a caution to stay away from urban environments if possible.
http://news.sky.com/story/954944/police-...011-unrest

More from Sky

Hurry up with the radio system chaps i think we may need it !

2 July 2012, 10:08,
RE: LSE forcastes more riots and civil unrest in UK this summer
What a shocker. Tell me it isn't so. They must be paid a lot and have brains the size of planets to come up with that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 10:09, (This post was last modified: 2 July 2012, 10:28 by NorthernRaider.)
If we dont get an EU referendum I'll join in with the rioters
BBC have picked up on this story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18653530

2 July 2012, 11:23, (This post was last modified: 2 July 2012, 11:28 by Hrusai.)
hmmm if riots do happen by august, im gonna have one hell of a raucous birthday xD...i suspect ill also be joining those riots xD...mostly so i can beat up some bloody chavs lol
also you may find this helpful

http://thehomegunsmith.com/

lots of stuff to download etc
2 July 2012, 11:29,
beat up chavs? I thought they were shopping trips not hunting trips.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 11:44,
this does not surprise me one bit, probably be an annual event until the economy collapses and it becomes a permanent event.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2012, 12:14,
It wouldn't surprise me at all, but this does smack a little bit of police propaganda - they face cuts, then "Oh Noes, we can't stop the rioters"

Not that they were able to do much good last time.
2 July 2012, 12:17,
(2 July 2012, 12:14)00111001 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all, but this does smack a little bit of police propaganda - they face cuts, then "Oh Noes, we can't stop the rioters"

yep, your right there, the met plod couldnt cope and they left it too long to call in the regional plods, so it got out of hand.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2012, 12:23,
(2 July 2012, 12:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 July 2012, 12:14)00111001 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all, but this does smack a little bit of police propaganda - they face cuts, then "Oh Noes, we can't stop the rioters"

yep, your right there, the met plod couldnt cope and they left it too long to call in the regional plods, so it got out of hand.

When the riots kicked off last year I lived in Peterborough, but worked in Westminster. My local friendly plod was sent from Peterborough to London to help contain the rioters. This was the night the royal car was attacked. They took 75ish% of the Peterborough force to London, and left Peterborough in the hands of the British Transport Police and the armed response units.

So if it does kick off again this summer, and you live in a town / city on a direct train route to London you could find that most of your local police force bugger off pretty sharpish to go help the Met. If you wanted to indulge yourself in some illegal activities this may be the best time to do it. Or you may find yourself looking at the wrong end of an MP5...
2 July 2012, 12:30, (This post was last modified: 2 July 2012, 12:34 by NorthernRaider.)
Yeah I believe they depleted many officers from N Yorks, cleveland and Durham to help forces in other areas.
Consider this, what if the current fragmented gangs of ethnic and chavs used their facetube, and twatter systems to unite and organise, I'm sure scum like the SWP would help them. they could kick off in multiple cities and use twatter and Youpage etc to tip each other off if the plods were responding, could get nasty quickly.

Worse case secenario if the cops cannot get control is thy would have to read the riot act or impliment the emergency powers act.

Traffic wardens with SLRs anyone ??