Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British police get battlefield weapons
4 July 2012, 17:23,
British police get battlefield weapons
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/07/02/...d-weapons/

The British police will be for the first time armed with the same advanced weapons as British soldiers use in conflict zones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Ministry of Defense has put the contracts for 30,000 modern assault rifles out to tender to major arms producers around the world to supply the “civilian police” with the state-of-the-art weaponry by 2014 under the pretext of fighting terrorists and criminal gangs.

Media reports said the police chiefs are already considering arming their officers with the Canadian-made C8 SFW carbine, the same assault rifle the Special Air Service uses in its high-profile operations.

Some of the features the police want to ensure the new rifles have are being adaptable to use of grenade launchers, silencers and different sights.

There are fears that bringing the battlefield weapons to the streets of London and other cities across Britain could be a prelude to even deeper suppression of protest movements after tackling of demonstrations over the past two years sparked condemnations from human rights groups.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
4 July 2012, 17:35,
RE: British police get battlefield weapons
i've never heard of this site before, can it be believed? does .ir mean its irish?? hmmm not sure about this.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 July 2012, 17:46, (This post was last modified: 4 July 2012, 17:48 by NorthernRaider.)
The C8SFW is just the Canadian made version of the M4, its a short M 16 tarted up, I'm told the plods arre actually after the H & k MP7A1 4.6 mm tactical carbine thats has ammo that will pierce body armour.
H & K MP7A1 the weapon of choice if you want to kill unarmed news paper vendors, Brasilian plumbers etc, You never know when that next unarmed peace protestor in Trafalgar square is wearing body armour !!!

4 July 2012, 17:51,
The daily mail is running the same story
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ds-newsxml
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
4 July 2012, 17:54,
30 rounds a mag. With either calibre or weapon that's plenty enough for the average badly trained firearms chimp to miss and top a few children, grannies, and other passerbys.

Time to order a couple of dragons tooth vests I'm thinking.

4 July 2012, 17:55,
The Idiots in blue already have MP5A1s, and G 36 Assault rifles, I thought British police were proud to be unarmed, god help students and trade unionists if they give these muppets more guns.

4 July 2012, 18:02,
thankfully i live in a place where we hardly ever see police, and i havent had to speak to a copper in about 13 years, so i think this is something that the city preppers will have to deal with not us rural yokels.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 July 2012, 18:07,
The only people who need to be afraid is us the unarmed population.
At least criminals will have the chance to fight back.
As for you shotgun holders?
Time to throw out your buckshot and go sabot, Foster, or hardball.

4 July 2012, 18:10,
another reason i never went for a FAC, puts me on the plods radar...i dont fancy having armed police coming to my door, now they will be armed with these things....SCARY!!
4 July 2012, 18:25,
Home Office figures showed there are 139,110 officers in England and Wales - 4,625 fewer than March last year.

There will be 34,000 fewer police jobs in England and Wales in March 2015 than in March 2010, research by HM Inspectorate of Constabulary suggests.

It estimated that the overall cut of 14% will include losing 16,200 officers and 16,100 civilian staff.
taking that into account means that along with all the side arms they have already, at least half if not more would be armed.

Even if they're not going to be armed all the time, what sort of situation do they envisage that'll need 30,000 assault rifles fitted with grenade launchers???

Are the sheeple really going to be that pissed off at the next round of Britins got talent results??
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...