Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Banner
5 July 2012, 09:01, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2012, 09:01 by Hrusai.)
Site Banner
so i was bored so i made this, feel free to use, if you'd like any changes at all just mention and ill get on it, if you want more stuff done, again just say, the only thing i should point out is i cant code or make websites, i can design images (being a part time graphic designer) but i can quickly and easily make whatever you want, be it our own emoticons, custom buttons, different shaders and headers or footers, whatever you want, long as i get a design brief of sorts im cool

hope you like it

[Image: survivukv3.png?t=1341474852]

its in png so it'll work whatever the background colour is
oh and i got a premium photo hosting account on photobucket so no need to worry about those photos going down
5 July 2012, 09:20,
RE: Site Banner
we had some thing like this some months ago id cloth patches tags logo
for bergens bags some thing we wood all recognise i for one wood have some if the price was right Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 July 2012, 09:25, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2012, 09:48 by Hrusai.)
(5 July 2012, 09:20)Barneyboy Wrote: we had some thing like this some months ago id cloth patches tags logo
for bergens bags some thing we wood all recognise i for one wood have some if the price was right Smile

oooh i like the idea of that! well if people want that ill do some designs from scratch, thats just a heavily edited free image i found on the net Smile.....but i could do some custom stuff Smile....also if we all had some stickers of patches it'd feel more like an awesome community ^^....not that it doesnt already, just would make it better lol....symbol of unity almost
ok so going from what you said a minute ago i was thinking survival is all about food water fire and shelter, so im trying to try and design a logo around those 4 things as well as the uk, already done some nice fire and water vectors xD...all 100% royalty free and designer from scratch by me, so no worries if we wanna sell them or use them commercially Wink
5 July 2012, 11:10,
Its nice but its also an Americanised image that i dont think goes with the UK culture, Prepping is about preserving live and though guns do play a vital part they always get to much attention. Dunno bout SD but my primary concerns is prepping for families and groups and guns are only one tiny part in that plan.

Mind you I do keep upsetting our dear leader by refering to the current header as looking like a compost heap !! and he is always telling me off for it.Smile

It would be oh so easy to come up with a dynamic image such as say a crossbow viwed from above with SUK.NET emblazoned above it, or even my Gray man logo, but this forum is 100% SD's baby and I think any graphics related to the community should come from him out of respect for the time and money and effort he has put into this forum.

I like cool silhouettes for logos anyway Smile

5 July 2012, 11:18, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2012, 11:19 by Hrusai.)
well nothing will happen without our lord SD's blessing xD
im just trying to give a little bit back to our community, and im sure it'll be nice for him to have a little pet graphic designer to boss around lol

but yeah it is a bit americanised i was just finding it hard to come up with ideas of what imagery to use!

i also agree on the current banner, while its not technically bad, its very low res and seems like a bit of a mish mash, but its better than nothing ^^

also going off your crossbow idea, as im planning on making my self a few knives i could make one with SUK carved into the handle!...then for a banner you could just stab it into a log and take a photo where the background is out of focus and the SUK is nice and visible....after all whats more survivally than knives Big Grin

i also agree that this is SD's baby, although not necessarily that all graphics should be made by him, im sure if he had lots and lots and lots of disposable income he'd probably hire a designer to make the website...i know i would xD....so if i can help by doing stuff for free i'd love to ^^

anyways keep some ideas of colours and imagery to incorporate into a logo or anything Smile
*keep them coming
5 July 2012, 11:28,
I like simple things like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/7507064938/

5 July 2012, 11:30,
oooh i see what you mean Smile i like the vector/ silhouette approach to graphics too...not just cause its a nice style but my god is it easier to work with xD
5 July 2012, 11:34,
i think for ID purposes and pride to be part of this growing com i for one have space on my bergen
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 July 2012, 11:36,
yeah thats also some of the thinking behind the knife too, if i can make a decent one and people like it i could make them to order, and only for members* of this site Big Grin

*active members that is

but yeah i like the idea of having a patch on me backpack, whenever i get i xD
5 July 2012, 11:50, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2012, 11:52 by NorthernRaider.)
This is one of my Gray Man Icons i considered making into cloth patchs for preppers to "Tag " each other with
Refer to the articles on Gray Man prepping in the archives for the concept
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/7507138732/
Patches be they velco or otherwise for our jackets or rucksacks I feel should be simple, discreat, and low profile, and bloody easy to have made.