Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ALERT FROM MET OFFICE FOR SW
6 July 2012, 20:05,
RED ALERT FROM MET OFFICE FOR SW
BBC just breaking that for the first time the Met Office is issuing a RED WARNING for severe rain affecting the South West of England.

Be careful folks

6 July 2012, 20:13, (This post was last modified: 6 July 2012, 20:20 by Hrusai.)
RE: RED ALERT FROM MET OFFICE FOR SW
cheers for that mate, wouldnt of known till later otherwise Smile
i must admit these warnings are closer than ive ever seen them to where i live
7 July 2012, 08:24,
been raining here all night, its tipping down as we speak being on solid ball clay dosent help but we are at the highest point of the estate, our garden drains into next doors..their garden is 6 ft lower than ours, that in turns drains into a house on the corner then that drains out onto a road( a close actually)which then flows downhill towards the river and the flood plain. i see on the news that Yealmpton(one of my old stamping grounds-pre marriage) again in the South Hams area is flooded, hope the pub is ok had many a good pint in there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 July 2012, 09:30,
(7 July 2012, 08:24)bigpaul Wrote: been raining here all night, its tipping down as we speak being on solid ball clay dosent help but we are at the highest point of the estate, our garden drains into next doors..their garden is 6 ft lower than ours, that in turns drains into a house on the corner then that drains out onto a road( a close actually)which then flows downhill towards the river and the flood plain. i see on the news that Yealmpton(one of my old stamping grounds-pre marriage) again in the South Hams area is flooded, hope the pub is ok had many a good pint in there.

yeah same here, currently the road is a veratible river o.O not the first time though, i think we are one of the highest villages in dorset anyway so we should be alright Tongue...even so next door used to flood alot...may have to go and check the back door in a minute Tongue

surprising how far reaching this floodiness is Tongue
8 July 2012, 05:11,
I'm so glad that your reports show that you are both safe at the present moment. However, are there any other members within the flood areas, and how are they fairing? Perhaps their Computers are affected by the floods. Is there any way of finding out SD? If any are affected is there anyway that we can help? Kenneth Eames.
8 July 2012, 10:47,
dry day here today with some sun shine, just been near the sawmills( 4 miles away) with the dog, gullies and edges of the roads have been washed away, ground VERY wet more wet weather forecast for the coming week.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 July 2012, 11:51,
well yesterday me and my dad went to look at the flooding and nearly couldnt get home xD...its terrible in dorset, whilst traversable if you know the place, for many they are stranded, alot of the villages are cut off from the towns and such like, police are stretched thin trying to help, it aint good xD

but its sunny today Smile

if anyone is in dorset or the surrounding area and needs some help just shout out and ill see what i can arrange Smile
8 July 2012, 11:59,
(8 July 2012, 05:11)Kenneth Eames Wrote: I'm so glad that your reports show that you are both safe at the present moment. However, are there any other members within the flood areas, and how are they fairing? Perhaps their Computers are affected by the floods. Is there any way of finding out SD? If any are affected is there anyway that we can help? Kenneth Eames.

SD hasnt been around for a few days, apparently he got caught out in the gheavy rain coming home from the hairdressers and its ruined his pink rinse and perm so he's upset.

8 July 2012, 12:23,
(8 July 2012, 11:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: SD hasnt been around for a few days, apparently he got caught out in the
gheavy rain coming home from the hairdressers and its ruined his pink rinse and perm so he's upset.

lol, sitting there quietly sobbing into his twotwo xD
8 July 2012, 16:36,
(8 July 2012, 11:51)Hrusai Wrote: well yesterday me and my dad went to look at the flooding and nearly couldnt get home xD...its terrible in dorset, whilst traversable if you know the place, for many they are stranded, alot of the villages are cut off from the towns and such like, police are stretched thin trying to help, it aint good xD

but its sunny today Smile

if anyone is in dorset or the surrounding area and needs some help just shout out and ill see what i can arrange Smile

bit silly-going to look at the flooding?? you were nearly part of the problem..thats what sheeple do..go rubbernecking...i expect better from a survivalist!!Big Grin