• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X rated CME number 2 heading this way
13 July 2012, 20:37,
X rated CME number 2 heading this way
Someone else broke this news earlier but this is what I found

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/space/2nd-...rds-earth/

13 July 2012, 20:42,
RE: X rated CME number 2 heading this way
that would be me ^^....big pain in the ass right Tongue....mind you we may even see some northern lights in england Big Grin

bit mind boggling to think you can fit 10-15 earths in the width of that spot on the sun o.O
13 July 2012, 20:44,
Our luck is going to run out one day with that big yeller bastards outbursts, I remember how easily it screwed Western Canada about 1982ish.

13 July 2012, 20:45, (This post was last modified: 13 July 2012, 20:46 by Hrusai.)
yeah i reckon solar flares will probably be the most likely cause of teotwawki, well next to humanities own stupidness

oh and heres a video of the sun, not sure if its the current solar flare or the one 6 days ago, either way it puts things in perspective, and its rather beautiful

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/0...are-video/
it was the first solar flare!
14 July 2012, 16:37,
(13 July 2012, 20:42)Hrusai Wrote: bit mind boggling to think you can fit 10-15 earths in the width of that spot on the sun o.O

What is reallt mind boggling is the sheer scale of the solar system, never mind our galaxy and other galaxys.

The Thousand Yard Model of the Universe
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 July 2012, 16:48,
right, lets see:"According to Goddard Space Weather Lab CME will hit earth on July 14th at 10.20a.m. +7 hours for non americans" now if my maths is up to speed that means it will hit the UK in about 30 minutes time!!! WELL ITS BEEN NICE KNOWING YOU ALL!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2012, 16:58,
(14 July 2012, 16:37)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(13 July 2012, 20:42)Hrusai Wrote: bit mind boggling to think you can fit 10-15 earths in the width of that spot on the sun o.O

What is reallt mind boggling is the sheer scale of the solar system, never mind our galaxy and other galaxys.

The Thousand Yard Model of the Universe

Every time i think I've got my mind around the awesome massiveness of the universe someone just shows me the Hubble Ultra deep field image and it fries my brain, I just cannot comprehend the numbers, speeds and distances. I've often sat and stared at the DFI for hours trying to understand that this image containing 3500 galaxies and over a trillion stars was taken by just pointing the Hubble at a pinhead sized spec of space than had no known galaxies in it, and the camera was left on for a week to capture every last photon of light from this tiny spec of empty space................

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=hubble+...,s:0,i:122

14 July 2012, 17:54, (This post was last modified: 14 July 2012, 17:56 by Hrusai.)
one of my favourites is factors of ten!

oh and this Smile

the universe is so big ive given up trying to comprehend it, i used to try and imagine as far as i could, needless to say it was a fruitless effort!...ive since stopped focusing on anything outside the closest few solar systems xD.....as for small things, i like my quantum physics, so gimme those neutrino's and quarks!....or if your into susy, those sneutrino's and squarks xD
i also love the idea that it takes light millions of years to get to us from other stars, just seems sort of amazing to me Smile
15 July 2012, 09:32,
oh hell, it didnt happen then did it? if we panicked every time someone( usually the Yanks..they are permanently paranoid anyway)says something will happen we would be in a permanent state of panic!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 July 2012, 14:08,
lol i just sat around and chatted and then went to sleep, nothings happened so its all good Tongue

all that bluster for nothing xD