Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60% of US in major drought
13 July 2012, 20:39,
60% of US in major drought
This wont half push up bread, flour and grain prices in the short term and beef in the medium term.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/weather-pr...n-drought/

14 July 2012, 10:44,
RE: 60% of US in major drought

Between the drought in the US midwest and the deluge we've had, it's going to get mighty painful buying food this winter. Another good reason to stock up on the basics. The wheat crop in Russia is also set to be down again because of drought.
The dehydrator and canner have seen a lot of active duty recently.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
14 July 2012, 10:59,
crack out the hunting gear guys!
14 July 2012, 16:59,
so they've got all the sun and we've got all the rain? figures!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2012, 18:26,
I'd rather have it that way.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 July 2012, 18:27,
(14 July 2012, 18:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'd rather have it that way.

really, you like being flooded out then? there's no accounting for taste.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2012, 18:49,
I have not been flooded out. Yet I did get sunburn a few weeks ago.

Water is essential to survival, the sun we get is sufficient for survival. I stick to what I said.

We are preppers yet it seems the wrong type of rain is getting us. We can adapt to protect from rain, there is little you can do when you have no water.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 July 2012, 18:54,
your lucky, we havent seen the sun for months and we've had so much rain i think i'm growing webbed feet, and we've both got Cabin Fever!! so a bit less rain and some more sun please, maybe then our veg will grow instead of being washed out of the ground.
14 July 2012, 19:01,
its nice and sunny here kids out with water gunsSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 July 2012, 01:57,
(14 July 2012, 18:54)bigpaul Wrote: your lucky, we havent seen the sun for months and we've had so much rain i think i'm growing webbed feet, and we've both got Cabin Fever!! so a bit less rain and some more sun please, maybe then our veg will grow instead of being washed out of the ground.

We got another bloody week of it, and then some, I agree with what SD said, but I do need bit of sun right now, or even just dry weather.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ