Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
..Here's one I prepared earlier....
16 July 2012, 21:03,
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier....
very good post dude! i totally agree, smaller communities that close ranks when the time comes and have these resources nearby will fare infinitely better than the cities.

personally i found myself a location thats only 10-20 miles away and still within 30-45 mins drive to 3 large towns and lots and lots of supplies and villages, yet despite all that, its remote and locally is almost unheard of!...the housing there includes holiday cottages with a permenant farm and a friend who lives there, whose house is easily fortifiable, you could shoot rabbit in the field next to the house without leaving the house!...not to mention the proximity of fishing rivers (20mins walk) and lots of fertile land and already established livestock, seems pretty greatSmile....although im still looking for better and more remote locations, finding the perfect BOL is a hell of a task, probably one of the hardest parts of prepping....also the whole thing about holiday cottages, thats a very very good point Smile

although i must admit to find somewhere truly remote is nigh on impossible in england, its a very hard task Sad...i'd recommend reconnoitering the area on google maps! measuring distances to major locations nearby, taking note of villages, any listed businesses on the maps and all sorts of other things.....having your own satellite imagery like that is very very useful Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 16 July 2012, 16:00
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by Hrusai - 16 July 2012, 21:03
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 17 July 2012, 17:01
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 17 July 2012, 21:28