Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
..Here's one I prepared earlier....
17 July 2012, 21:15,
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier....
Blush
Don't know how to respond to that one NR.

I can only say - in all honesty and truthfulness that every other accent I heard whilst in the area was English , having said that , there were a lot of foreign languages overheard too.

Like I said in the post - I can understand why the highland region ( to me being a Scot ) always feels out of touch with the rest of us...

It's because it is.
The whole region normally votes lib/dem or SNP ffs.

This area is usually chock full of the misguided tartan trannies who believe 'Braveheart' was actually factual , and is the heartland of this nonsensical push for 'independence'.

Like I said to my wife driving down the A9 past carrbridge - no wonder these clowns all want independence , Scotland - to them ,is the next village or the shop 10 miles away that sells them their corn flakes.

They are so cut-off from what the majority of Scotland actually represents it is unbelievable , as I said , its no wonder they are so out of touch.

Scotland is one huge debate , for all you guys south of the border who don't know us.
We are a divided society , culturally , religiously and geographically.
The main political parties failed us , and we came to realise , finally , used us for their own ends , hence the swing towards SNP.

We have the diehard ScotNat - he's Scottish not British.
We have the unionist Scot - he's British.
We have the Scot - he's Scots first , but also proud to be British.
We have the immigrant Scot - he's usually whatever his grandfather was.

I cant argue against anti-anglo things going on ,I know it has happened.
I cant argue against anti-scots racism either , It's happened to me.
( When tried using Scots money in England - perfectly legal , but you guys wont accept it at all ) but thats neither here nor there.

Racist ? - I dont understand that one - we don't have enough coloured families or asians or others to be racist mate Big Grin. I had a friend and family stay over a few years back - he's from leicester - and the first thing he said to me was - wheres all your asians and blacks ?
Scotland was the great multi-cultural hope...some say it has worked , others have spoken of total failure of others to integrate into OUR society , and that it was the Scots who had to change their ways to fit into other cultures.

I don't know , I don't care.
People accept me for who I am , not what I am , I treat others as they treat me , with respect if its given , or politeness if its not.

Sorry to hear of that TOF and NR , sometimes the tartan trannies make me ashamed too.
I wore the kilt as a soldier , and wore it proudly , but I cringe when I see the trannies in their 'see you jimmy' hats and ginger wigs , usually topped off with those tan timberland boots too , they DO NOT represent me , I DO NOT represent them.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 16 July 2012, 16:00
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 17 July 2012, 17:01
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by The Local Ned - 17 July 2012, 21:15
RE: ..Here's one I prepared earlier.... - by TOF - 17 July 2012, 21:28