Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish air rifles to be licenced
18 July 2012, 13:38,
RE: Scottish air rifles to be licenced

Long gone are the days of nipping down the canal after school with a rod and your old sluggie.

Nothing doing on the fishing side ? there was always cans or bottles floating about that you could lose a whole tin of pellets with the air rifle ,trying to sink them...you would get arrested for it now.

The true crime is society sits idly by and watches while the few who have been elected to govern in our best interests help the smothering of civil liberties in the name of ' security '.

Thank god I kept my old .22 .....and I've a mould for pellets too Wink wont be any good as an aid for self defence , but should be useful for rabbits / birds.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
18 July 2012, 14:10,
my son is now nagging for a new air rifle, bloody kids never stop wanting, hes set his heart on a springer where as I prefer pneumatics, I think he wants one of those black tactical BSAs

19 July 2012, 20:53,
Pneumatics the way to go mate.
Multi shots with springs just aint feasible.

My old Diana .22 has had its day - but it will do for small animals / vermin control , think it was a diana , milbro is ringing a bell for some reason.

With the addition of a bipod and a fake mag housing it might even fool the unwary.
19 July 2012, 22:40,
I'm looking for an old Diana springer.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 July 2012, 00:41,
I'm keeping mine mate Big Grin , getting a hold of another might be difficult.
I've had it since 1980 something Smile