• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS is why cats etc are not coming into my retreat after TSHTF
17 July 2012, 21:57,
THIS is why cats etc are not coming into my retreat after TSHTF
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-bite.html

17 July 2012, 22:08,
RE: THIS is why cats etc are not coming into my retreat after TSHTF
Plus it makes me feel sick just looking at his fingers, poor sod
17 July 2012, 22:17, (This post was last modified: 17 July 2012, 22:20 by NorthernRaider.)
I got banned from other forums for advocating a zero tolerence to fur and feathers coming near retreats, I even do my best to forcibly disuade critters like cats from coming into my property now because AFTER TSHTF and their owners are dead or missing the filthy parasitic felines and stray mutts will look for other people to feed them, and christ knows what they have stood in, rolled in or eaten, or what type of flea is riding on the critters back.

Imagine a cat that has walked through the fluids leaking from rotting bodies and then walks into your kitchen? Or a dog that was starving and eats from a rotting corpse, perhaps one that succumed not to the disaster but to Typhus, Thyphoid, Cholera, TB Bubonic or Pneumonic plague etc. Or a carrio crow, wood pigeon, Magpie or any other scavenger that eats something diseased then takes a dump on your garden foodstuffs.
I do think to a certain degree ones own pet cat or dog could be kept must theres no way on earth they should be allowed in the house AFTER TSHTF, but Providing your moggie is kep in your garden to keep other vermin out, or your dog to act as a ratter / security hound, Maybe some way of accomodating them could be worked out. Personally though I could not take that risk cos i have kids to think about and kids immune systems do not fully develop until they reach their late teens.

17 July 2012, 22:57,
Not nice poor fellow, rats and the like are going to be a big problem, if ever there is a break down, and yes to pets being kept outside.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
18 July 2012, 08:31, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2012, 08:33 by NorthernRaider.)
As a consultant virologist told my wife at a conference in Harrogate, " it only takes 1 infected flea to come indoors on a pet to kill everyone"
And also dont not forget that once society colllapses NOTHING and I mean nothing will stop bats, birds, rats, mice etc from France bring rabies back to the UK.

18 July 2012, 09:20,
dont have much time for cats personally, there are plenty around here and they come in the front garden and cr>p everywhere.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 July 2012, 09:31,
My favourite book is 1001 things to do with a dead cat.