Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"One day all computers will crash"
19 July 2012, 18:10,
"One day all computers will crash"
good old Ann Widdicombe, she may be an ex MP but she makes a lot of sense( and she dosent abide fools gladly), "what worries me is than an entire nation is so dependent(on technology)that life simply seizes up(without said technology)" http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/333548
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 July 2012, 07:31,
RE: "One day all computers will crash"
i agree with what she says its only a matter of time before something BIG happens im nowhere near prepared but hopefully still one step ahead of the sheeple.
20 July 2012, 08:44,
dont worry David, by just being on this site you are well ahead of any sheeple.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 July 2012, 16:55,
One day? Try everyday!
I make more dosh sorting out Microsoft software faults than repairing radios!
I love computers. They keep crashing. . . .

I just hope everyone keeps using Bill Gate's cr^p.

20 July 2012, 17:11,
i'm just waiting until the day when all this technology does crash...can you imagine all the wailing and gnashing of teeth?? it does seem that anyone under 40 cannot live without their computer, mobile phone, X box and sat nav. us oldies are waiting for the time when all this stuff goes the way of the dinosaurs, i wonder how many (sheeple) under 40s know how to lay and light an open fire, or gut and cook a rabbit, not many i'd warrant.:Tongue
21 July 2012, 04:57,
its not so much sheeple missing electronics but the fact that nuclear reactors would be out of control, power stations too, water supplies, hospitals, thousands on life support would die in minutes, computers crashing would be an end to current society, sheeple missing their toys would just help fuel civil unrest Tongue
21 July 2012, 06:22,
(20 July 2012, 08:44)bigpaul Wrote: dont worry David, by just being on this site you are well ahead of any sheeple.Big Grin

yes ive learned quite a bit in the short time ive been on here great site and full of helpfull people
21 July 2012, 07:23,
(21 July 2012, 04:57)Hrusai Wrote: its not so much sheeple missing electronics but the fact that nuclear reactors would be out of control, power stations too, water supplies, hospitals, thousands on life support would die in minutes, computers crashing would be an end to current society, sheeple missing their toys would just help fuel civil unrest Tongue

If the world hard reset? Yes millions would die. Some things wouldn't work.
There are still a few real engineers left to sort out the resulting mess.

In the 50's there were nuke stations. Funny things called engineers built, ran, and maintained them with the most rudementary systems.
Aircraft flew because of good design not because of some computer.
Take the Typhoon (euro fighter). It can only fly because of the onboard computers. Shut those off and all you've got is a £68 million brick. It can't even glide!

Banks had things called "managers". God type people with something called "common sense". They lent money not a daft computer.
If you wanted real money i.e. dosh you went to the bank and spoke to a cashier. No credit cards. Yes there was debt but whole countries were'nt failing en-masse like today. They all had their own currencies and were in control of their own destiny's. Now, well we all know what is happening today.

The stockmarket used teletypes to watch over the world. It slowed things down and required real people to take decisions. Thoughtful decisions, not some computer having a brain fart and selling everything because a pig in China stubs it's toes.

Sometimes I find myself agreeing with the "firesale" philosophy.
Killing just a few key systems that would cascade and crash the world.
What part of the world would actually fail though?
It would be just the financial side and global communications.
Everything else is recoverable.

21 July 2012, 10:26,
I realise you make your living from computers Paul, and maybe you have more insight than me because of that, but i think once the banking and other systems crash this will have a knock on effect and we will get protests and rioting and civil unrest will cause "society" to fragment.
21 July 2012, 17:03,
Yep, quite correct.
The idea is to cause sheeple panic and then rage.
The best way of doing that is to steal everyones money not covertly but in the open.
Then crash the stock market.

Computers are perfect for this task.
THey are trusted and programmed by man and men are fallable and above all corruptable.

Once people perceive they have lost everything, governments will fall.
Will it lead to society collapsing. Yep, of course. It'll not go on for long though.

Simple reason, disorder costs money and the other rich countries won't allow it to rumble on.
It will be self limiting and order will be restored.
Just what that order will be is open to speculation.