Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more landslides in Dorset
24 July 2012, 16:21,
more landslides in Dorset
another chunk of cliff this time at Burton Bradstock, 1 person "trapped" according to afternoon TV news.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2012, 17:28, (This post was last modified: 24 July 2012, 17:35 by Hrusai.)
RE: more landslides in Dorset
oh for gods sake, stupid landslides, bugger off out of dorset Tongue....ill go tell my dad to avoid burton bradstock Tongue
[Image: story51138_120724landslide_1_169_320x240.jpg]

it aint a small landslide neither! god i hope no one is under there
24 July 2012, 17:35,
(24 July 2012, 17:28)Hrusai Wrote: oh for gods sake, stupid landslides, bugger off out of dorset Tongue....ill go tell my dad to avoid burton bradstock Tongue

tell him to avoid that whole coastline i think its all liable to slip with all the rain we had!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2012, 22:16,
yeah and seeing as he likes his fossiling its a real hazard!
25 July 2012, 00:17,
they found the body of a 22-23 (reports vary) year old girl.

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/9835133...de/?ref=nt
25 July 2012, 13:24,
yep, thats a shame but that coastline is slipping all the time, thats why they call it the Jurassic coast cos of all the fossils in it.
25 July 2012, 14:43,
I spent a lot of time there as kid many many years ago and the locals always told me to stay away from the cliffs because they could collapse at any time!

Not sure what this thread has to do with prepping though?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
25 July 2012, 14:47,
(25 July 2012, 14:43)Armoured Gideon Wrote: I spent a lot of time there as kid many many years ago and the locals always told me to stay away from the cliffs because they could collapse at any time!

Not sure what this thread has to do with prepping though?

as in"dont go near this cliff you might get buried under a landslide" sort of prepping, its not all about food stocks!Tongue
25 July 2012, 14:56,
That's more like common sense.

It's like saying 'don't run across a busy motorway with your eyes closed!'
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
25 July 2012, 15:03,
(25 July 2012, 14:56)Armoured Gideon Wrote: That's more like common sense.

It's like saying 'don't run across a busy motorway with your eyes closed!'

yes, that is obvious, but some people dont realise that this section of the coastline is very fragile and has regular landslips, thats without the deluge of water we have had down here recently. oh well, we were only trying to tell people to be careful if in that area, i'll keep my trap shut in future, i cant win today.Angry