Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas cylinder wood burner
25 July 2012, 22:27,
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner
(25 July 2012, 19:52)Dorset Lad Wrote: The welding and cutting is no problem, I restore classic cars as a hobby.
The bit I'm not sure about is how much air is needed under the grate.
I'll take some pics next time I'm working on it.
Thanks for the link Hrusai, It has given me some ideas for an air regulator.

PS If you think Dorchester and Yeovil are s**t holes, you should try Weymouth! Especially now half of it is closed for the olympics.

awh man dont even get me started on weymouth, its probably the biggest shithole out of the 3! i think it still has the highest teen pregnancy rate in europe for fucks sake Tongue

classic cars!!! omfg you lucky guy, im so jealous right now xD im planning on doing up an original mini some day in the next year or so ^^ so i may have to ask you for some tips on that!

glad that link has helped Smile i thought it was pretty nifty, if your looking for cool projects that site is a goldmine! and they probably have many more guides on gas cannister wood burners, if i was you i'd check out a few different ones and see how they all regulate the air flow, personally i'd either go with the idea that was on that link...or i'd cut a couple of holes near the bottom on either side, and install a couple of lever operated flaps, that way the air will be sucked in at the bottom, and then combusted, creating a decent flow through going up the chimney, also you could adjust how much air and therfore heat by shutting either just one or even both

heres a random picture i found [Image: burner01.jpg]
http://www.windysmithy.co.uk/html/woodburners.htm
and a link for what its referring to Smile its a pretty cool website!

Messages In This Thread
Gas cylinder wood burner - by Dorset Lad - 24 July 2012, 18:39
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Barneyboy - 24 July 2012, 19:05
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by uks - 24 July 2012, 19:32
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Hrusai - 24 July 2012, 22:23
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Dorset Lad - 25 July 2012, 19:52
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Hrusai - 25 July 2012, 22:27
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Skvez - 27 July 2012, 17:10
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by BDG - 15 October 2012, 23:03