Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesco Value thin Bleach
14 October 2011, 10:32,
Tesco Value thin Bleach
This is unscented Bleach (suitable for water purification).
Bleach is usually 5.25% or 6% Sodium Hypochlorite, this "Thin" Bleach is "less than 5% Sodium Hypochlorite" whatever less than 5% means (strictly speaking 0% is still less than 5%).
However it's only £0.29 for 2 Litres
I guestimate that that's good for about one years worth of water purification for one person.
Ironically this price is less than Tesco sell 2 Litres of bottled water for.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
14 October 2011, 11:10,
RE: Tesco Value thin Bleach
I thought they must put the value in. Obviously not.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 October 2011, 00:49,
cheaps not always good ?
i now buy the best for prepping because when i need it the most is the wrong time to find out i made a mistake
to win the war, you must be willing to die
17 October 2011, 12:56,
The "value" stuff was the only unscented bleach I could find
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
17 October 2011, 18:12, (This post was last modified: 17 October 2011, 18:20 by JD1.)
(17 October 2011, 12:56)Skvez Wrote: The "value" stuff was the only unscented bleach I could find

I always buy the cheapo thin bleach from lidl, like you say it is hard to find stuff that is unscented etc. The 5ltr bottles they do would purify months/years worth of water, i cant remember off hand the exact dosage per litre (i've got it written down in a file somewhere) but it is tiny so a pipet comes in very handy, and it is cheap enough that you can replace it each year as it degrades and not worry about the cost

Just checked and it is 0.05ml per litre of water, so a one litre bottle of bleach can purify 20,000 litres of water (if my maths is right Smile)
18 October 2011, 00:37,
i need to use bleech as iodean cause me problems or i just boil it for 10 min
to win the war, you must be willing to die
18 October 2011, 09:21,
The Lidl bleach is 69p for 5L.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 October 2011, 11:31,
Off to Lidl I go.
19 November 2011, 16:14,
Seen this on a doc last night ,thye put 4 drops of bleach in a gallon of water(the eye or ear drops)or the drops you get with young kids calpol bottles.
4 drops in a gallon of water and your good to go.

Watch your six
19 November 2011, 16:30,
I dont like chemicals and i'm certainly not adding them to my water!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.