Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to the bigots amongst us
26 July 2012, 12:46,
to the bigots amongst us
Its a shame Tof and other older members cant see their being rather closed minded about other peoples beliefs and how they'd like a site to be run. that's the start of totalitarianism isn't it wanting things run your way and your way alone and poo pooing anybody else's beliefs if they differ from yours...
Ive noticed that a few of the older members are like that, very closed minded and have a laugh at the "conspiracy theorists" so much for being open minded and fair.
will however notice that the "conspiracy theorists" tend not to laugh at your beliefs though.
Bigotry springs to mind there.
And as for swearing, isn't it a part of every day life for some including me? But there you go again wanting it stopped because YOU don't agree with it.
AND you have to tell everybody why your leaving because its everbody else's fault isn't it, it can't be because things wont be done your way and certain people or free speech censored because YOU and other older members dont like what they post and I'm not bigoted enough to laugh at others beliefs either.
How about a polite reply to posts you don't believe in such as " good post but not my cup of tea" instead of "hilarious" and basically calling people stupid if they choose to believe in conspiracy theories....
This forums supposed to be unmoderated like a free society should be, its a shame certain members don't believe in freedom, tolerance,
and live and let live.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
26 July 2012, 13:03,
RE: to the bigots amongst us
Live and let live will be abused by cultures that don't subscribe to lefty western ideals.
26 July 2012, 13:14,
Its the intolerance that gets my goat.
I'm 43 some members smoke weed some don't, some have never touched drugs in their life, some do other things, whether I agree or not is beside the point, its not my place to point it out in the forum if they print something I don't believe in or care about.
Quite often I read other members posts and think "oh dear that's a load of old shit" or "thats fuc*ing weird" but I don't write it on a post, I just think it to myself, that's called manners, something the world and sometimes this forum is short on.
Older preppers used to encourage younger newer preppers, now they browbeat them into thinking their way or basically slander their posts if they themselves don't believe whats been written.
Preppers are supposed to be different than the sheeple, a cut above the rest, together as a community not like people who should be on jeremy kyle.
26 July 2012, 13:18,
We all have opinions, whether they are right or wrong isn't the point, it's how you express them. I like my conspiracy theories, cause many of them link the dots together to try and form a better picture. It may be based on conjecture, but it can still be a valid theory.

Personally I've found TOF offers some very pertinent posts/replies and will be a loss to the forum. But if this site isn't the right flavour then it's best to move on.

I'm not sure not believing in conspiracies / or being truthful in answering (after all, if you're talking bullshit but still pushing the freedom of speech, then be prepared to be told you're talking bullshit) is classed as bigotry. I do agree with most of your post, but playing devils advocate here: I'm terrible for swearing. At work, at home, when I'm out - it just happens. BUT, if I don't tone it down at work I'd get in trouble. Same as if I'm out and about. Got to watch your language in case there are children around, or people who are easily offended. Freedom of speech, yeah, I should be able to say what I want, when I want. You should be prepared to get the same in return though

Again, just to be clear, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, just trying to see both sides.

Big Grin
26 July 2012, 13:18,
Yeah. I enjoy all the conspiracy stuff. It might not be very likely, but it results in the prepping mindset.
26 July 2012, 13:23,
(26 July 2012, 13:14)Prepper1 Wrote: Quite often I read other members posts and think "oh dear that's a load of old shit" or "thats fuc*ing weird" but I don't write it on a post

But you are well within your rights to do so. That's one of the reasons I really like this forum, you can disagree with people - even NR occasionally Tongue - and it's still all good. There's nowt better than a hearty discussion. Some people take it personally, some don't. I'm sure I'm guilty of over-reacting to things online.

It is only a forum though Smile
26 July 2012, 13:30,
I don't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick here...I'm not anti oldie I'm 43 for gods sake BUT some members seen stuck in their ways, unwilling to look at others views, which in itself is fine, but as I'm sure everybody knows there are ways of telling people that you don't agree with them and there are ways that piss people off.
I personally think there's a difference in being a supportive member of the forum and say being a cantankerous pompous victor meldrew type.
26 July 2012, 13:34,
(26 July 2012, 13:30)Prepper1 Wrote: I don't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick here...I'm not anti oldie I'm 43 for gods sake BUT some members seen stuck in their ways, unwilling to look at others views, which in itself is fine, but as I'm sure everybody knows there are ways of telling people that you don't agree with them and there are ways that piss people off.
I personally think there's a difference in being a supportive member of the forum and say being a cantankerous pompous victor meldrew type.

Again, I agree with you. But if you want to interact online then you have to be prepared for people to disagree with you. How they do it is their choice. We don't all have to be nice to each other - I could have replied "what a load of bollocks" to many a thread. The thing is, you CAN reply with "what a load of bollocks" on here. Try that on some of the other forums...

Personally I think it's a big hoohar over nowt, but then what do I know, I'm just a cunt Big Grin
26 July 2012, 13:40, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 13:47 by Prepper1.)
Thats funny
That's what I'm trying to get across but probably not quite managing it very well, yep we can all agree or disagree with each other all day long, its just I feel this forums been a bit shall we say negative towards younger members.
Maybe that's just me being over critical I don't know....Maybe I'm biased against people older than me???Big Grin
AND I don't mean ALL older members just "some"
26 July 2012, 13:52,
(26 July 2012, 13:40)Prepper1 Wrote: Thats funny
That's what I'm trying to get across but probably not quite managing it very well, yep we can all agree or disagree with each other all day long, its just I feel this forums been a bit shall we say negative towards younger members.
Maybe that's just me being over critical I don't know....Maybe I'm biased against people older than me???Big Grin

Can't say I've seen any bias against younger members on here?

Its a free forum. Good on SD for keeping it like that.

Everyone's free to participate, lurk, or go elswhere as they see fit.

Its a shame when someone leaves a group, but that's life, they are free to do so. TOV was only being polite in saying good bye and explaining her reasons to the people with whom she's interacted for a considerable period of time.

Bye TOV, hope you'll be back sometime.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580