Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK preparedness month?
29 July 2012, 13:56, (This post was last modified: 29 July 2012, 14:34 by Nemesis.)
UK preparedness month?
just found this on another site-waddya think?:

http://www.ambilacuk.com/safesurvival/december.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 July 2012, 14:21,
RE: UK preparedness month?
Hmmmm, I'm in a skeptical mood at the moment so I'll stay out of this debate.

29 July 2012, 14:35,
(29 July 2012, 14:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hmmmm, I'm in a skeptical mood at the moment so I'll stay out of this debate.

i just found it online so i would like EVERYONES opinionsBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 July 2012, 16:01,
Hi BP,

my two-penneth...

<< increase public awareness I don't think we should be doing this.. Surely that's a government task?

I see personal advantage in prepping being a fairly uncommon activity. That way few other than other preppers will know how we operate. It is the knowing how we operate taht could compromise our carefully made plans.

Of course the commercial survival kit producers will love such an event, they can soponsior it to get their brand names and solutions in the minds of the gullable.

But there's no positive value to me personally.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 July 2012, 17:00,
yep, OPSEC and all that ! wasnt trying to push it on anyone-just wondered what others thought. i'm all for keeping a low profile.
29 July 2012, 17:41,
Ok, I'll chip in.
I think it's a sort of good idea within the prepping world as it might increase networking between different groups. Undecided
As to advertising prepping to the world? NO, NO WAY! Dodgy
What if the press get hold of it and do yet another hatchet job on us preppers? Huh
After all the US preppers are still reeling from that bunker nutter who topped his wife and kid. That did wonders for the US prepping world.

The LDS (mormons) are preppers too. The LDS manual is definitely one of my treasured documents BUT if they used it to push their philosophy at the same time, things could get , , , , , well a bit confusing. Confused

No, I'm all for keeping our collective heads down as too much awareness could backfire on us.Shy

29 July 2012, 18:10,
(29 July 2012, 16:01)Lightspeed Wrote: Hi BP,

my two-penneth...

<< increase public awareness I don't think we should be doing this.. Surely that's a government task?

I see personal advantage in prepping being a fairly uncommon activity. That way few other than other preppers will know how we operate. It is the knowing how we operate taht could compromise our carefully made plans.

Of course the commercial survival kit producers will love such an event, they can soponsior it to get their brand names and solutions in the minds of the gullable.

But there's no positive value to me personally.

LS
i've just been trying to explain these facts on a certain other UK prepping site...the one where i found this thread....but they have closed minds they just dont get it...nothing new there then.
29 July 2012, 20:52, (This post was last modified: 29 July 2012, 20:53 by NorthernRaider.)
The guys above neatly summerise my feelings on the issue, we may try and set a prep month up but (A) The media WOULD crucify us if they could and (B) The British welfare state / nanny state mentality would ensure is died off is no time at all.

* Note that until 911 and the statement issueds by the US Federal Government for people to start making 72 hour kits the UK govt always condemned any Brit of making preps as horders, extremists and excentrics who are anti social, selfish and fear mongers. Then after 7/7 they quietly dropped the constant vilification and started telling people prepping was OK.

I believe most strongly that the people we should be trying to help are those who have ALREADY decided there is a problem with society and ALREADY decided they need to do something about it and ALREADY started looking for groups and forums like this. Trying to enl;ighten the masses of great unwashed would be a waste of time and the publicity would soon turn negative.

Let us also not forget that more than a few forums, clubs, groups and individuals are looking at this issue for commercial gain reasons and not humanitarian reasons.
(29 July 2012, 18:10)bigpaul Wrote: .
i've just been trying to explain these facts on a certain other UK prepping site...the one where i found this thread....but they have closed minds they just dont get it...nothing new there then.

unwanted knitting patterns ?

30 July 2012, 08:08,
(29 July 2012, 20:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: The guys above neatly summerise my feelings on the issue, we may try and set a prep month up but (A) The media WOULD crucify us if they could and (B) The British welfare state / nanny state mentality would ensure is died off is no time at all.

* Note that until 911 and the statement issueds by the US Federal Government for people to start making 72 hour kits the UK govt always condemned any Brit of making preps as horders, extremists and excentrics who are anti social, selfish and fear mongers. Then after 7/7 they quietly dropped the constant vilification and started telling people prepping was OK.

I believe most strongly that the people we should be trying to help are those who have ALREADY decided there is a problem with society and ALREADY decided they need to do something about it and ALREADY started looking for groups and forums like this. Trying to enl;ighten the masses of great unwashed would be a waste of time and the publicity would soon turn negative.

Let us also not forget that more than a few forums, clubs, groups and individuals are looking at this issue for commercial gain reasons and not humanitarian reasons.
(29 July 2012, 18:10)bigpaul Wrote: .

unwanted knitting patterns ?

"unwanted knitting patterns" is CORRECT!Angry