Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian wheat harvest fears pushing up prices
7 August 2012, 14:42,
Russian wheat harvest fears pushing up prices
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...grain.html

7 August 2012, 14:49,
RE: Russian wheat harvest fears pushing up prices
For once the Mail is reporting Facts not fiction.

Drought in Russian Fed. is cartainly affecting wheat yields. Coupled with increasing local demand and export demands from China, a shortage looming.

:-( Prepare for commodity broker driven price increases as well folks..
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 August 2012, 11:11,
yet we still have a grain mountain!
8 August 2012, 11:28,
So...Buy a few bags of flour, semolina and frozen sweetcorn and Bobs your Uncle right?
Not to keen on meat but have a freezer full of Chickens,( £2.70 in Asda for a med sized one,) What else will go up because of the wheat and corn shortage? How long do you think the price rise will last? I bet the prices don't go back down next year if the crops do o.k next year !

8 August 2012, 11:36,
Some commentators are saying wheat grain, flour plus other products will go up by up to 25 % over the winter !!

8 August 2012, 11:47,
Think they already have ! Is it me or when I go shopping, food prices seem to go up weekly? Corned beef is stupid money for a tin now, The cheapest I can find a tin of corned beef is £2.49.
In fact, all tinned meat is stupid money now grrrrrrr.
If chickens are corn fed, will the price of eggs go up also? Seems we just had an egg shortage a few months ago?
Someone please tell me there is a food that is NOT going up in price due to some dammed drought,flooding,crop disease, fuel increase, gov cuts, strikes etc.....
8 August 2012, 11:58, (This post was last modified: 8 August 2012, 11:59 by NorthernRaider.)
We go to Makro for our Corned Beef, Bacon Grill, etc and only buy when its on offer.
(8 August 2012, 11:47)Prepaday Wrote: Someone please tell me there is a food that is NOT going up in price due to some dammed drought,flooding,crop disease, fuel increase, gov cuts, strikes etc.....

Sir may I suggest you think more about what are the millions of sheeple going to do when they can no longer AFFORD food ?

8 August 2012, 12:03,

(8 August 2012, 11:47)Prepaday Wrote: Think they already have ! Is it me or when I go shopping, food prices seem to go up weekly? Corned beef is stupid money for a tin now, The cheapest I can find a tin of corned beef is £2.49.
In fact, all tinned meat is stupid money now grrrrrrr.
If chickens are corn fed, will the price of eggs go up also? Seems we just had an egg shortage a few months ago?
Someone please tell me there is a food that is NOT going up in price due to some dammed drought,flooding,crop disease, fuel increase, gov cuts, strikes etc.....

morrisons own brand corn beef is at £1:50 at the moment , but yep prices are going up every week , feed has risen by £30 per since january and that cost has to be passed on when super market contracts run out and are renegotiated , yet they are already putting there prices up!!!
8 August 2012, 12:03,
Just noted on the radio that a record number of charitable food banks have now opened in the UK and more and more people are having to use them just to survive !!, when the people get stroppy like they did last August AND hungry the riots will cause nationwide chaos.

8 August 2012, 12:04,
(8 August 2012, 11:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: We go to Makro for our Corned Beef, Bacon Grill, etc and only buy when its on offer.
(8 August 2012, 11:47)Prepaday Wrote: Someone please tell me there is a food that is NOT going up in price due to some dammed drought,flooding,crop disease, fuel increase, gov cuts, strikes etc.....

Sir may I suggest you think more about what are the millions of sheeple going to do when they can no longer AFFORD food ?

fish !!! at the moment anyway