Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GCHQ
9 August 2012, 13:45,
GCHQ
we spent a lot of this morning driving around North Cornwall and we went past the old radio station at Morwenstow, it has now been taken over by GCHQ and some of the satelitte dishes point...INLAND(??)....just across the road are 16 perfectly good 2/3 bed council houses.....ALL EMPTY and surrounded by security fencing!.....VELLY STRANGE!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2012, 14:04,
RE: GCHQ
I know that place.
Failure is NOT an option
9 August 2012, 14:08,
(9 August 2012, 14:04)uks Wrote: I know that place.
how/in what way? holidays?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2012, 14:19,
You should have gotten out and gone for a wander, just to see what their response time is Smile
9 August 2012, 14:21,
(9 August 2012, 14:19)00111001 Wrote: You should have gotten out and gone for a wander, just to see what their response time is Smile

lol it may defeat the object of being a grey man, but my god is it fun xD
9 August 2012, 14:34,
Ah, but you're just an innocent out for a wander = obviously you'd leave all your interesting gear hidden away in the car.

I accidentally fell foul of Gatwick airport security once. Got to the car and needed to find somewhere to roll a bifta for the journey home. Parked in a layby not too far from the airport and within 5 minutes I had 2 police cars blocking me in. Thankfully I'd rolled it by then so stashed it under the carpet mats in the motor and told 'em we's stopped as we were working out how to get home. Annoying bloody policeman then spent the next ten minutes explaining how I should get home, when all I wanted was for him to bugger off so I could blaze my fatty.
9 August 2012, 14:42,
(9 August 2012, 14:34)00111001 Wrote: Ah, but you're just an innocent out for a wander = obviously you'd leave all your interesting gear hidden away in the car.

I accidentally fell foul of Gatwick airport security once. Got to the car and needed to find somewhere to roll a bifta for the journey home. Parked in a layby not too far from the airport and within 5 minutes I had 2 police cars blocking me in. Thankfully I'd rolled it by then so stashed it under the carpet mats in the motor and told 'em we's stopped as we were working out how to get home. Annoying bloody policeman then spent the next ten minutes explaining how I should get home, when all I wanted was for him to bugger off so I could blaze my fatty.

binary my friend, you have earnt alot of respect from me cause of that story, just the kinda bloke i'd be mates with xD.... didnt know if anyone on the site was that kinda person xD....not to mention its just a good story lol
9 August 2012, 15:04,
(9 August 2012, 14:19)00111001 Wrote: You should have gotten out and gone for a wander, just to see what their response time is Smile

did sort of think about it but apart from in front of the fenced off council houses there wasnt anywhere to park-safely, not that i could have gone anywhere-apart from a very wet grassy field that leads to the coastal foot path-all the gates were chained and locked. it was very interesting to see just how many cars were in the staff car park seeing as its a very remote location, down narrow windy Cornish lanes miles from any major urban area.
9 August 2012, 17:31,
(9 August 2012, 14:08)bigpaul Wrote:

Cornish born and bred
Failure is NOT an option
9 August 2012, 18:04,
(9 August 2012, 17:31)uks Wrote:
(9 August 2012, 14:08)bigpaul Wrote:

Cornish born and bred

i lived in cornwall for a while but i prefer Devon, Family is Devonian going back several centuries.