Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greetings from West Yorkshire
21 August 2012, 09:59,
Greetings from West Yorkshire
Hello everyone, I go by the name Velius Otsoa and I am new to this website. I have been interested in "survival methods" for as long as I can remember and I have a particular interest in self-defence/combat/martial arts. I would very much like to meet other like-minded individuals in my local area of West Yorkshire (Leeds/Wakefield).
21 August 2012, 10:04, (This post was last modified: 21 August 2012, 10:05 by Hrusai.)
RE: Greetings from West Yorkshire
welcome from dorset velius!

enjoy your stay, theres plenty to read and alot of very intelligent and helpful members, if you got a question, just ask!
if your interested in martial arts and self defence i'd look into eskrima if i were you Smile martial art of the philipines and it revolves around knife and stick fighting, but extends everything you learn about those into unarmed and improvised combat, like using a bandana or a book as a weapon Smile
21 August 2012, 10:10,
(21 August 2012, 10:04)Hrusai Wrote: welcome from dorset velius!

enjoy your stay, theres plenty to read and alot of very intelligent and helpful members, if you got a question, just ask!
if your interested in martial arts and self defence i'd look into eskrima if i were you Smile martial art of the philipines and it revolves around knife and stick fighting, but extends everything you learn about those into unarmed and improvised combat, like using a bandana or a book as a weapon Smile

Thank you Hrusai, Yes I am familiar with Eskrima, the Indonesian martial art of Pencak Silat is similar also. I have my own theories about practical martial arts use, hopefuly I can share some of these with other members in the near future.
21 August 2012, 10:13,
(21 August 2012, 10:10)Velius Otsoa Wrote: Thank you Hrusai, Yes I am familiar with Eskrima, the Indonesian martial art of Pencak Silat is similar also. I have my own theories about practical martial arts use, hopefuly I can share some of these with other members in the near future.

ah wicked! personally i havent had much first hand experience with eskrima but i've read alot and i used to do several different martial arts when i was a bit younger, but im trying to get back into it all again, so it would be lovely to hear your thoughts on the subject!

great to have you onboard Smile
21 August 2012, 10:23,
hello velius and welcome fro sunny south Yorkshire
21 August 2012, 10:27,
I thought Ecky Thump was the noted martial art of West Yorks ( The Goodies) Welcome to the forum

21 August 2012, 10:34, (This post was last modified: 21 August 2012, 10:36 by Tigs.)
AngryEcky Thump was Lancashire!!!! i alien land on the other side of our fantastic pennine's where they talk funny Tongue
eckythump
21 August 2012, 11:57,
welcome, from rural Devon.( i lived in Huddersfield when i was young).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2012, 12:08,
Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome here. Hrusai, if you also share an interest in martial arts then no-doubt we will be speaking more in the future. NorthernRaider, I'm afraid Tigs is right, Ecky Thump is indeed from Lancashire.
21 August 2012, 12:53,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!