Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derelict Exploration (West Yorkshire)
21 August 2012, 14:40,
Derelict Exploration (West Yorkshire)
Hi everyone, I was curious as to whether anyone here (preferably in the Leeds/West Yorkshire area) would be interested in joining me to visit and explore various derelict/abandoned buildings? I think hands-on experience in this kind of environment is extremely useful to those with a survival mind set. Please feel free to PM me or leave a reply here, all are welcome but please understand these places are often highly dangerous.
21 August 2012, 15:28,
RE: Derelict Exploration (West Yorkshire)
(21 August 2012, 14:40)Velius Otsoa Wrote: Hi everyone, I was curious as to whether anyone here (preferably in the Leeds/West Yorkshire area) would be interested in joining me to visit and explore various derelict/abandoned buildings? I think hands-on experience in this kind of environment is extremely useful to those with a survival mind set. Please feel free to PM me or leave a reply here, all are welcome but please understand these places are often highly dangerous.

Dude, if only you lived near Southampton! I've been looking for someone to indulge in a little bit of urban exploration with me, but as soon as people see that the site isn't always open to the public they generally change their minds Sad

There are some great reports on the urban exploration forum, and some brilliant places to go exploring. I think if you're up north you have much more to chose from than we do down here.

If you do go please post up pics etc here!
21 August 2012, 16:15,
if anyone wants to go in dorset i'd love to! never got into it meself, never had no one to go with Tongue

hmmm maybe we should start having urban exploration meets xD

if im ever near either of you guys ill give you a shout!
21 August 2012, 17:01,
I've dabbled in urbex a few times. The best thing I find is to look around your area on google maps, looking for abandoned looking buildings. I found a creepy shack in the middle of the woods near where I live, complete with dirty clothes and a bed!
There's also an 18th century icehouse, though I can't see the bottom. The gate is rusted shut sadly, there is rumored to be a tunnel to Blickling hall at the bottom.

Also, talk to old people. They may remember the location of old buildings that have been forgotten about, or the pathway overgrown
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
21 August 2012, 17:41,
Tibbs735 the places you describe sound very interesting, subterrenian areas are a particular favourite of mine, Leeds has an abundence of them, some of it really has to be seen to be believed!

If this thread generates enough interest then maybe we could arrange a larger get together in a location suitable for those wanting to take part...
22 August 2012, 14:00,
there is very little(as in none) of this sort of thing near me, got a couple of quarries(disused), a couple of Army camps(in use) and thats it. being in the country there is no commercial property, may be some old falling down timber barns and thats all she wrote!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 14:39,
(22 August 2012, 14:00)bigpaul Wrote: there is very little(as in none) of this sort of thing near me, got a couple of quarries(disused), a couple of Army camps(in use) and thats it. being in the country there is no commercial property, may be some old falling down timber barns and thats all she wrote!

I too am in the country but you'd be surprised at what I have found with a little bit of persistent research.... a long forgotten underground tunnel to a neighbouring village and an extremely old ruin of a Templar hall have been a couple of my favourites so far. What area of the UK are you located? I could check a few of my sources and see if i can find anything that may help point you in the right direction.
22 August 2012, 14:57,
(22 August 2012, 14:39)Velius Otsoa Wrote:
(22 August 2012, 14:00)bigpaul Wrote: there is very little(as in none) of this sort of thing near me, got a couple of quarries(disused), a couple of Army camps(in use) and thats it. being in the country there is no commercial property, may be some old falling down timber barns and thats all she wrote!

I too am in the country but you'd be surprised at what I have found with a little bit of persistent research.... a long forgotten underground tunnel to a neighbouring village and an extremely old ruin of a Templar hall have been a couple of my favourites so far. What area of the UK are you located? I could check a few of my sources and see if i can find anything that may help point you in the right direction.
North Devon!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 15:00,
There may be some useful info here... http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/tags.php?tag=devon
22 August 2012, 15:08,
(22 August 2012, 15:00)Velius Otsoa Wrote: There may be some useful info here... http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/tags.php?tag=devon
thanks, but i've already been through this site, apart from Meldon quarry which was mothballed recently most of them are too far away...mainly south coast rather than north/mid way...torrington station is now a cycle hire, Okehampton station is a tourist attraction and a lot of the old railway lines are now cycle paths.