Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The plods are borrowing our words and phrases.
22 August 2012, 12:13,
The plods are borrowing our words and phrases.
I got a NITON catalogue yesterday and Lo and Behold they are now producing and selling BUG OUT BAGS, and EDC Bags in black for police and security staff.

What does this actually mean to us?, I will tell you.

Y'know how the blue meanies like to keep stopping innocent law abidding citizens at rail / bus/ coach or transit hubs, because you are white, clean, tidy etc which makes you a suspect they DARE stop, even if you are just walking in the street and they come out with the usual

"Whats in the bag son?"

( I usually reply " I'm not your son so call me Sir")

Then they proceed to question you in apparent glee cos they think your a cat burglar because of the gear in your EDC or BOB bag.

Often they simply have never heard of the terms EDC, preppers, travel kit, emergency kits, get home kit, bug out bags even though we are encouraged by the govt to have 72 hour preps incase AQ come back.

So now I will keep the two A4 pages from the Niton catalogue to be able to say " Here its a bag for the same reason you guys have them, IE to make life safer, secure and better organised."

22 August 2012, 12:50,
RE: The plods are borrowing our words and phrases.
Lordy, you must be one suspicious character NR. The only time I've ever been stopped by the Police was when Steady Eddie the local Bobby cautioned me for being drunk in charge of a Horse! And yep it's an offence, and yep, I was guilty!
What do you guys use as an EDC that warrants a stop and search?

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
22 August 2012, 12:55,
(22 August 2012, 12:50)TOF Wrote: What do you guys use as an EDC that warrants a stop and search?

The plods often stop and search folks just for the heck of it on railway stations and bus stations, they think white middle aged smartly dressed guys must be islamic terrorists?

22 August 2012, 13:00,
thats why i dont use the trains or the buses! if i cant get there using my own vehicle i dont go!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 13:01,
(22 August 2012, 12:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: I got a NITON catalogue yesterday and Lo and Behold they are now producing and selling BUG OUT BAGS, and EDC Bags in black for police and security staff.

What does this actually mean to us?, I will tell you.

Y'know how the blue meanies like to keep stopping innocent law abidding citizens at rail / bus/ coach or transit hubs, because you are white, clean, tidy etc which makes you a suspect they DARE stop, even if you are just walking in the street and they come out with the usual

"Whats in the bag son?"

( I usually reply " I'm not your son so call me Sir")

Then they proceed to question you in apparent glee cos they think your a cat burglar because of the gear in your EDC or BOB bag.

Often they simply have never heard of the terms EDC, preppers, travel kit, emergency kits, get home kit, bug out bags even though we are encouraged by the govt to have 72 hour preps incase AQ come back.

So now I will keep the two A4 pages from the Niton catalogue to be able to say " Here its a bag for the same reason you guys have them, IE to make life safer, secure and better organised."

when you say AQ come back wot is AQSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 August 2012, 13:12,
Al Quaeda

22 August 2012, 13:15, (This post was last modified: 22 August 2012, 13:17 by bigpaul.)
bloody hell...a Plod EDC bag: http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product-v...TAC83.html
(22 August 2012, 13:15)bigpaul Wrote: bloody hell...a Plod EDC bag: http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product-v...TAC83.html

oh well that didnt work.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 15:28,
Oh, the edc is the "old handbag". Idea

I always get stopped under "section 44" (Stop and Search) when on the big island, even when I worked for them.

They have a set number to do, so anyone with a bag is "shifty enough for a shufti"- as one used to say to me when I took my work bag home.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.