Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home counties southerners are their attitude to the environment
22 August 2012, 13:17,
Home counties southerners are their attitude to the environment
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19329653

22 August 2012, 13:21,
RE: Home counties southerners are their attitude to the environment
(22 August 2012, 13:17)NorthernRaider Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19329653

not surprising, we see it all the time driving around, in lay by's and field gateways, at least no one "fly tips" in Devon..we used to see that all the time in Somerset, they just dont take THEIR rubbish home with them and put it in THEIR bin...it just dosent occur to them!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 13:40,
Having worked on a South Coast beach for a couple of seasons, I'd like to point out that we beach wardens HATED Northerners fortnight.
Each day we took 3 hours from 5am to clean up the beaches from the previous day.
One particular trick (perfected by a Blackpool group of youths) was to bury bottles in the sand the neck just under the sand.
Next day we dragged chains with tractors over the sand to make things look nice and the tops were neatly snapped off.
It's no joke carrying a young child 1/2 a mile to the first aid hut with blood pouring out of their feet.
We especially liked the buried hacked open cans of corned beef and the like just under the sand. Newcastle group.
Not forgetting all the needles and drug paraphernalia left in the beach huts by a Leicester group.
We caught a lot of them, police acted, court fines for breaking bylaws?
£15 per offense. Pathetic justice.

22 August 2012, 13:43,
i like beaches in the WINTER, its interesting just what gets washed up, but i dont do beaches in the summer, too many people(emmetts) with their disgusting little habits!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 15:52,
My girlfriend lives near Brighton and she has common sense, we've been to Brighton beach on numerous occasions with say a subway sandwich and a bottle of pop each, enjoyed the sun then we've walked up into town and put the rubbish in the nearest bin, to be fair, the council should of predicted this and got some more bins for the beach, because if you've been to Brighton beach near the pier there aren't exactly a lot of bins
22 August 2012, 17:09,
At the end of the day there really is no excuse for leaving your rubbish on the floor.
I was always taught to clean up after myself. It's not difficult! It just goes to show how much this country has gone down the toilet when it comes to respect and manners.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
22 August 2012, 17:14,
it seems the sheeple have this idea, if they leave their rubbish behind someone else will clear it up for them!....the litter fairy??
22 August 2012, 17:17,
(22 August 2012, 17:14)bigpaul Wrote: it seems the sheeple have this idea, if they leave their rubbish behind someone else will clear it up for them!....the litter fairy??

Yeh I know what you mean BP.
I recently I asked a guy in my street to pick up the crisp packet I had just seen him drop, and he just shrugged and said ' Keeps people in a job dunnit?'
and carried on walking. I was fu##ing fuming!
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
22 August 2012, 17:23,
(22 August 2012, 17:17)Armoured Gideon Wrote:
(22 August 2012, 17:14)bigpaul Wrote: it seems the sheeple have this idea, if they leave their rubbish behind someone else will clear it up for them!....the litter fairy??

Yeh I know what you mean BP.
I recently I asked a guy in my street to pick up the crisp packet I had just seen him drop, and he just shrugged and said ' Keeps people in a job dunnit?'
and carried on walking. I was fu##ing fuming!
yeah, they seem to think"i've finished with it so i'll just throw it away"! never used to happen when i was a kid, my old man would have given me a clip round the ear'ole, just shows how low this so called "society" has slipped, dont take much to put it in a bin does it?
22 August 2012, 20:15,
the amount of people i've had a go at for dropping litter about is unreal, usually they say sorry and pick it up, a few ask why and i politely explain, and a few get larey at me and end up running away like a puppy xD

bloody disrepectful...another reason teotwawki would do the world some serious good!