Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price rise
22 August 2012, 22:58,
Price rise
On the radio gas and electric set to rise again not unexpected but still another kick when your down

B/d
23 August 2012, 01:11,
RE: Price rise
Bloody hell we are doing £80 month now, and look how warm it is! in winter its £120/150, after we lit the log burner in this work shop I built, I said to the wife might end up being our home during the cold spells to keep costs down, just wood fire and I get that fuel free, well just effort no cash, but the work shop gets hotter than our home log fire, and central heating, beats them all due to the 8 foot reflector and openness of the fire itself.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 01:12,
(23 August 2012, 01:11)Nemesis Wrote: Bloody hell we are doing £80 month now, and look how warm it is! in winter its £120/150, after we lit the log burner in this work shop I built, I said to the wife might end up being our home during the cold spells to keep costs down, just wood fire and I get that fuel free, well just effort no cash, but the work shop gets hotter than our home log fire, and central heating, beats them all due to the 8 foot reflector and openness of the fire itself.

sounds like a fantastic setup mate, coupled with solar panels it sounds alot more feasible to live and sleep in a workshop/outbuilding during the winter months, maybe even all year xD
23 August 2012, 01:21,
(23 August 2012, 01:12)Hrusai Wrote: sounds like a fantastic setup mate, coupled with solar panels it sounds alot more feasible to live and sleep in a workshop/outbuilding during the winter months, maybe even all year xD

I am enjoying the workshop I have made a few videos but not got round to uploading them, it’s just basic solar power chit chat, testing items like drills and saws what will work and will not sort of thing, had a little bit of fun tonight made a video but it went bit crazy, I will pm you the link, note the thing I call a cake is my home made switching box for the solar.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 01:41,
cheers man, ive watched alot of your youtube videos, working my way through all of them, and they are all very very good!

and the solar setup is impressive! great to be able to properly test the limitations of such things Big Grin
23 August 2012, 05:30,
(22 August 2012, 22:58)bowdrill Wrote: On the radio gas and electric set to rise again not unexpected but still another kick when your down

B/d

I''m in the process of selling my house and buying another, a multifuel burner is high on the list of prorities for the new place.

Watched an interview with some "expert" on the idiot box tonight who was saying that the 10% rise was the minimum rise that would be expected every year for the forseeable future

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
23 August 2012, 07:59,
Out with the dressing gowns and hot water bottles soon eh Sad In the winter I add a sleeping bag under the kids quilts for extra warmth, plenty of soups and stews, A wooly snake my gran made years ago and the curtains shut...saves me a few pennies on gas in the winter Smile Anyway guys, don't panic.....wait until you have to bug out in the winter then say it's cold lol x
Remember, you can't have a fire smoking away coz someone might see the smoke and discover your hidden location Sad
23 August 2012, 09:06,
These rises are mainly due to the sin taxes put on energy. More hidden taxes for our greedy gov especially now that the tax takes are down.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 August 2012, 09:14,
privatisation was the worst idea give us but are gas you shits
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!