Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding a bit further towards destruction.
23 August 2012, 13:40,
Sliding a bit further towards destruction.
The EU is slipping fast into a new recession
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19353469
China and the US is faltering and unless they sort out Syria we'll be drawn into another little highly expensive little war.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/08/23...B520120823

AS for Greece?
Well Greece is just bumping along waiting for the axe to fall.

The banks are being investigated internationally for fraud and money laundering (at last), and gold prices are climbing again as the big boys dump currencies.

Oil prices are climbing as everyone seems to have the idea that world governments are actually going to do something about the world recession (fat chance of that) so pump prices already on the increase are set to explode.

Food will go up as a result, electricity and gas is soaring, government borrowing has gone ballistic, and we still can't play football.

So I'm looking forward to disillusionment and panic when they finally work out that nothing is going to happen or improve.

Assembling my preps with haste.

23 August 2012, 13:50,
RE: Sliding a bit further towards destruction.
i'm waiting for the whole EU thing to come crashing down!dont think it can last much longer.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2012, 14:00,
personally im beggining to think this is all a big precursor to the real collapse, i reckon that the end of this decade is when civilisation will truly collapse, but i agree that we should all assemble our preps with haste!
23 August 2012, 14:09, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2012, 14:10 by NorthernRaider.)
In practical worldly terms likely to affect us directly, I fear food and fuiel prices are going to rocket, I reckon taxes are going to increase alarmingly, I reckon that in coming years we will look back fondly on the days of only 3 million unemployed. I dont not expect one spectular event to trigger the collapse, I think its happening now like a slowly spreading land slide, first a few pebbles start rolling, which pig up more along the way, pretty soon the whole hillside is on the move.

I REALLY have to start looking at caching more food and fuel in out the way places.
(23 August 2012, 14:09)NorthernRaider Wrote: In practical worldly terms likely to affect us directly, I fear food and fuiel prices are going to rocket, I reckon taxes are going to increase alarmingly, I reckon that in coming years we will look back fondly on the days of only 3 million unemployed. I dont not expect one spectular event to trigger the collapse, I think its happening now like a slowly spreading land slide, first a few pebbles start rolling, which piick up more along the way, pretty soon the whole hillside is on the move.

I REALLY have to start looking at caching more food and fuel in out the way places.

23 August 2012, 14:13,
Dumb question but...how do you cache food? Do you bury it in the ground and how do you insulate it? stop tins going rusty etc? x
23 August 2012, 14:30,
(23 August 2012, 14:13)Prepaday Wrote: Dumb question but...how do you cache food? Do you bury it in the ground and how do you insulate it? stop tins going rusty etc? x
One way is to bury a plastic barrel, think the blue ones ith the clamp lids, after filling it with tins, jars, anything you want to cache. To prevent rust, warm some silica gel packets in the oven to expel moisture, and put them in before sealing. Check the cache every few months to make sure it hasn't been compromised.
Make sure it does not float if placed in water! I have heard horror stories of carefully prepared caches rising from the ground after heavy rain has soaked the soil.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
23 August 2012, 14:31,
Will I look shady walking around the country with a spade and large barrel? lol
23 August 2012, 14:35,
(23 August 2012, 14:13)Prepaday Wrote: Dumb question but...how do you cache food? Do you bury it in the ground and how do you insulate it? stop tins going rusty etc? x

Go and look at Nemesis's videos of him in his back yard, in the footage you will often see big blue barrels made from UV stable polypropelene. Thats the sort of thing people put caches into of food, medical kit, supplies, clothes, fuel, ammo, etc and bury.

Others get length of sewer pipe the grey or brown plastic type which is from 8 to 10 inches in diameter, they solvent weld a cap on one end then fill it with tins or bags of foodstuffs like white rice, pasta flour, sauces, curries, tinned veg etc, bung in some moisture absorbant crystals and seal the end on.

There plenty of articles on the forum about caching mon ami.

23 August 2012, 14:51,

theres also a really good website to buy said barrels from for sod all money in a thread on the forum!
24 August 2012, 08:27,
i see that Greece is starting to worm out of its obligations, oh it wants the "bailout" al lright but it wants to have more time to get its house in order, cant see the Germans allowing that, then we've got spain and italy coming up fast on the inside..they will be the next ones to fail, i REALLY do think this EU madness is coming to the end of its life at last..not before time!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.