Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Rail Travel For Preppers
26 August 2012, 08:38,
No More Rail Travel For Preppers
Knew this Orwellian scheme was in the pipeline, carry an EDC bag or BOB and be arrested as a terrorist.

http://news.sky.com/story/977145/train-p...e-security

26 August 2012, 08:42,
RE: No More Rail Travel For Preppers
Thats me buggered, on my way to london now Sad
26 August 2012, 08:49,
Quote from the clip... County Durham, designs and builds cutting edge scanners including one that can that can differentiate between water and paint thinner held in a metal container. Erm guys..open the container and sniff...water doesn't smell, I assume paint thinner does...
26 August 2012, 08:56,
well, fuck everything, i hate this country, everyday it seems im given more reason to leave, soon as i got the money adios britain Tongue
26 August 2012, 09:07,
Don't get me wrong, I would rather be held up for 10 mins (time permitting) Than be faced with someone with bad intentions. There a few that walk among us that don't care for us Brits much and whos fault is it? Not the people themselves but them eejits that run the country.
I think it rather strange that Britain has just borrowed another 6 mill? pounds and they seem to be working hard on several security issues.
The U.S don't want to get involved with Syria until after the elections and things on the whole are pretty quiet when it comes to the govt, something is amiss I tell you Sad and I do hope and prey that the explosion at that oil refinery was an accident (and my heart goes out to the families of the victims) but you would think the place would be full of alarms that would alert them to a gas leak?
26 August 2012, 09:11, (This post was last modified: 26 August 2012, 09:16 by Paul.)
Looking into the future and coming to a supermarket near you soon.

Then they could expand that to doctors surgeries, hospitals, dentists, nurseries (both children and plants), schools, buses, petrol stations, cinemas, restaurants, the list goes on.

Not forgetting the need to scan your babies (nappies being a rich source of biological agents).
I suppose my dog's collar could hold a couple of ounces of high explosive and as for my pet budgie ?!? It can hold a whole peanut in it's beak besides the possibility that it's carrying Bird flu.

Oh boy, what a really STUPID idea.

Prepaday. The government are guilty of mission creep in everything they do and this will be no exception.
Soon stop and search will include anyone, anywhere, any time. Are you prepared for that?

Terrorism is a concern yes but this proposal is going to be a sheer abuse of your rights by this totalitarian Government.
26 August 2012, 09:19, (This post was last modified: 26 August 2012, 09:49 by NorthernRaider.)
This has nothing to do with fighting terrorism and everything to do with the state tightening its grip on the people. As this economic disaster really bites and people begin to realise they may soon find themselves without jobs, pensions, full healthcare etc and there’s no money for new affordable housing, food and fuel become unaffordable the establishment is putting up its defences to protect itself for the inevitable wave of possibly violent public protest.
From Labour wanting to lock people up for 3 months without charge or representation, to police tactics to kettling, killing unarmed civilians, preventative arrests of the leaders of protest groups etc
The gun control laws were the first step in subjugating the people, then extra constraints on trade unions and lobby groups, extra anti-terror laws used by council over dog fouling and school places etc, CCTV on every corner, attemps to force ID cards onto us, stop and search programs on innocent people, now stopping and searching innocent travellers. All Orwellian, very soviet era and greatly worrying.

Did I read something about a government enquiry to try and stifle the freedom of the press??

Aaah yes I see a flicker of light coming from your eyes, you who sare old enough to recognise that what is happening today in the UK is what happened behind the Iron Curtain in 1945 EXACTLY THE SAME
Aaah yes I see a flicker of light coming from your eyes, you who are old enough to recognise that what is happening today in the UK is what happened behind the Iron Curtain in 1945 EXACTLY THE SAME. Survielance on every corner, attempts to force through biometric ID cards, repressive laws hidden behind the excuse of fighting terrorism and gangs, Police who look and act more like Paramils than police constables, attacks on the freedom of the press, vicous clamping down on protest groups and trade unions, stopping and searching of young people in our cities for spurious reasons, more and more heavily armed cops everywhere, innocent people being shot dead by police and no officer is ever convicted, government buildings and agencies disappearing behind security screens, restrictions on travel, security check on commuters and travellers. Attempts to lock up dissenters for 90 days without charge, the deliberate weakening of the army so it cannot turn against its now totally corrupt masters. Remember how East Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia and Russia were condemned as repressive totalitarian states where no dissent was tolerated, Look around you at the UK today and see the same cancer growing here.

Boy scout, back packer,prepper, handyman, tourist, camper, tradesman, chef, fisherman, carpenter, electrician, get stopped and harassed for 20 minutes every time to you for a train or bus, and god help you if they find your swiss army knife or your craft or filleting knife cos your week is about to be ruined.

You are far more likely to be killed by an eeejit in a blue uniform who thinks he is Bruce Willis than by a terrorist in the UK, this has Sweet FA to do with preventing terrorists unless the terrorists are students , public sector workers, starving pensioners, kids who cannot afford homes, motorists priced off the road and youngsters with £35000 worth of debt, a degree and no hope of a job.

(26 August 2012, 09:07)Prepaday Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I would rather be held up for 10 mins (time permitting) Than be faced with someone with bad intentions. There a few that walk among us that don't care for us Brits much and whos fault is it? Not the people themselves but them eejits that run the country.
I think it rather strange that Britain has just borrowed another 6 mill? pounds and they seem to be working hard on several security issues.
The U.S don't want to get involved with Syria until after the elections and things on the whole are pretty quiet when it comes to the govt, something is amiss I tell you Sad and I do hope and prey that the explosion at that oil refinery was an accident (and my heart goes out to the families of the victims) but you would think the place would be full of alarms that would alert them to a gas leak?

Right Mrs Prepaday lets check your bag..... Right George arrest her she has lethal nail scissors, deadly nail file, an aerosol of deodorant which is the same as a pepper spray, spare panty liners that can be used as masks, Oh MY GAWD shes got a pen knife and her I phone is connected to a Survivalist site!!! Shoot her George.

26 August 2012, 10:02,
this is the very reason i dont use public transport( and havent for about 10 years now) the main reason is cos of disease and filth and yobbish behaviour and the second is that the buses around here(we are 25 miles from any train station..even a minor one) dont go where i want to go and where they do go takes all day to get there and back, so if i cant go using my own transport(and therefore control my own destiny) i dont go there!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 August 2012, 10:11,
Right Mrs Prepaday lets check your bag..... Right George arrest her she has lethal nail scissors, deadly nail file, an aerosol of deodorant which is the same as a pepper spray, spare panty liners that can be used as masks, Oh MY GAWD shes got a pen knife and her I phone is connected to a Survivalist site!!! Shoot her George.

lol..One I don't have a nail file or scissors, 2.. I use roller ball..3... Hopefully I reach menopause before I have to go on a train again and I don't have a mobile phone never mind an I phone lol...
I actually think that all this new fangled tecno doesn't help with the oil peak, too many folk wanting to many gadgets,
As for a pen knife...survivalist army knife so yes I think I would be in a spot of bother Sad
26 August 2012, 10:18, (This post was last modified: 26 August 2012, 10:19 by NorthernRaider.)
OMG a Rollerball an impact weapon !!!, I remember a twit in the government suggesting that steel bodied ballpoint pens be banned, until someone pointed out that even a plastic bodied pen will penetrate an eyeball !!
Now then ladies and germs we have stop and searches on the streets, crazy security at airports, deep sacanners at docks, CCTV everywhere requests for searches on the railways how long before spot checks outside schools, hospitals and supermarkets?